Sign in to follow this  
Giest

Compitetion Questions?

Hey guys , need a little help here

i have my mono amp under my driver seat , and my component's amp under my passenger seat,

now i am going to be entering into street stock division this season, and i heard from a reliable source that i would have to move my amps into the trunk to qualify in street stock , and then i heard from another reliable source that as long as the amps are completely hidden under the seat that it would be all good, ???

which is the correct info ??

any help or advice would be apreciated,

thanks

Anybody ????

amps under seat ??legal for street stock????

please help guys.......

i looked on termpro , couldn't find anything about amp locations .....

somebody out there has to know the answer......

I have not competed in street stock before, and I have not heard of amp location restrictions. But then again the rules could have changed since I last checked. Look for the Termpro competition class matrix, if it does not say anything you should be good to go and warranted to slap the person to who told you the wrong info. ;)

ok thanks Denim , i will check those rules out ,

also too , have you heard about Back seat modifications to incorporate a pass-thru , as long as the back seat is functonal

then it should be all good right ?

thanks

my car doesn't have a leagal pass-thru , but Mr. Komant , who built two of my boxes, and sold me the best sub i ever owned , has a similar back seat mod, and he had no problems, just wanted to get some more feeback,

ok WTF , i just checked out the battery requirements for street stock , and my STOCK battery for my 92' spirit is too big

my Battery is 700cc , and the max size for street stock is 650cc ? so i have to go buy a smaller battery ? like what the hell?

is this true ? or am i out to lunch ?

The Street Stock class is intended for normal, after market auto sound systems. The equipment permitted in these classes is restricted to the "consumer-grade" components that are sold everyday at auto sound retail establishments. Veteran contestants, competition teams, and "hardcore" competitors are encouraged to compete in one of our other divisions.

* Only consumer grade components may be used.

* Any number of amplifiers may be used. However, the maximum total RMS power in the system must be 2000 watts or less.

* Woofers with cast frame baskets are prohibited.

* The maximum voice coil diameter is 2.5 inches.

* Vans, CRX's, Panda's (or Panda derivatives), and commercial vehicles are prohibited from competing in the Street Stock Division.

* Contestants must play music when competing. Test tones (or songs containing test tones) are prohibited.

* Street Stock Class - 2000 Watts maximum total RMS power. A maximum of 4 conductors may be attached to each woofer. (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding conductors.)

o One 15-inch woofer

o OR a maximum of two 12-inch woofers

o OR a maximum of three 10-inch woofers

o OR a maximum of four 8-inch woofers

Street Stock Division Passenger Compartment Restrictions

3-9a Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle in front of the B-Pillar.

3-9b Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

Street Stock Division Installation Restrictions

6-7a Speaker enclosures extending above the top of the front seats (excluding head rests) are prohibited. Walls are prohibited.

6-7b All loudspeaker enclosures and/or baffle boards with the exception of those mounted in the kick-panels or doors shall be located behind the B-pillar.

6-7c Competitors in the Street Stock division are limited to a single 650 cubic inch (10652 cubic cm) or smaller battery.

Additional Guidelines:

* Only "standard", 12-volt, 6-cell (connected in series), lead/acid or gel-type batteries are permitted in the Street Stock Division.

* Aftermarket batteries are acceptable provided no other applicable rules are violated.

* Hybrid (ie 12/16 volt) and/or custom-made batteries are prohibited.

* The physical size of each battery is calculated from the physical dimensions of the battery. (Height x Length x Width excluding the battery terminals) The physical shape of the battery is irrelevant.

* The primary battery must be located in the same general area as the OEM battery location. (For example, if the OEM battery location is under the hood, the primary battery must be located under the hood as well. Aftermarket battery trays and/or custom fabricated battery brackets may be installed provided no other applicable rules are violated.)

* Batteries may not be mounted underneath the vehicle. (Underbody battery boxes, racks, etc. are prohibited.)

* Batteries may not be swapped out during the course of an event.

* Batteries that are designed in such a manner as to circumvent the above rules may be deemed illegal by the dBDRA.

6-7d Temporary structural reinforcements to the vehicle are prohibited during competition. This includes attaching straps, suction cups, sand bags, etc. to the vehicle. However, pressing on the doors, windows, trunk and / or laying on the hood, roof, etc. is acceptable providing no other applicable rules are violated.

i was looking at this last night too, and i remember it saying that amps could be mounted under the seats as long as that were entirely under them