kryptonitewhite

lot of Q problems...

makes me wonder why there is a 12", 15", and especially an 18" Q then

For different applications, and of course more money for Scott ;)

meh, a single 10" sub is more than enough for almost any SQ system INCLUDING ones with monster front stages.

As I said before, everyone who has had a problem breaking a Q is an idiot and bought it for the wrong reasons. They should have taken notes when reading the noobie posting guidelines.

I never said a 10" was the best choice for all SQ installs, just that it would have enough output to be able to blend nicely and work. Depending on the application there are multitudes of reasons to using other sizes of woofers, but it isn't to "keep up".

because they are very nice woofers when played inside of their limits. i love how my Q 18 sounds tuned at 30hz.

but from comments made above and in similar recent posts, the "Q" is ONLY for those who do "SQ" setups that do "real" SQ not "oops, I should have got a BL" setups that 10" drivers are even too mkuch for, let alone a 12, or even a 15.... but AN 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For different applications, and of course more money for Scott ;)

as in "non real SQ" setups that still get loud, get low, AND sound "good"?

meh, a single 10" sub is more than enough for almost any SQ system INCLUDING ones with monster front stages.

As I said before, everyone who has had a problem breaking a Q is an idiot and bought it for the wrong reasons. They should have taken notes when reading the noobie posting guidelines.

I never said a 10" was the best choice for all SQ installs, just that it would have enough output to be able to blend nicely and work. Depending on the application there are multitudes of reasons to using other sizes of woofers, but it isn't to "keep up".

ah, gotcha ;)

nick, any way you guys could put something on the website when they go to checkout with a Q that says "are you sure you dont need a BL instead?"

haha nice :P

I'm kind of wishing I would have been more patient and waited till i could scrounge a few more bucks up to get the Q to begin with... learn as you go... jus seems I never get to a nice plateau. When I get to the next level, I still break it and go "oh, now I know, next time..." and the cyle continues LOL

nows your chance, i just happen to be selling my Q18. pm me if interested