Sign in to follow this  
justin smith

memphis 4kw vs cactus 5kw vs rf 4kw vs other?

well im looking for a used amp for 2 btl's so i guess im in the $7-900 range im mostly looking for efficiency , realiability , longevity, and a subsonic filter so if you guys could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it

Edited by justiin smith

if you can wait there is a pre-order on saz-2000d's for 425. It would be an awesome match in my opinion.

kind in a hurry money burns a whole in my pocket im gonna look around in all the for sale sections i know and cac but out of these three what do you guys think or can i do better with my money?

the cactus is going to be the most power out of those 3 .. its 5k in the 1st place, plus it stomps ass on low voltage like in street classes it was built to run in

Based on forum feedback and reviews, I think I personally would lean towards the RF. If you are not worried about the last 1/10th on the mic then the extra power from the Catus might not be worth it.

In reality, you can run a smaller amplifier if this is just a daily install, meaning lesser cost, lower current draw, less money needed for electrical system to support. Example an Orion 2500D, Sundown 3000D, RF 3000.1, Exile 2400 etc. All would be plenty of power and provide serious output from the BTL's.