Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

PR12D

just wondering if anyone has heard these yet, and what motor is in it?

pr12d.jpg

pr12d_2.jpg

I would love to test this sweet thing out

found a good picture of them in hollis' SBN shots:

315552479SZqxCm_ph.jpg

i still need to get my hands on one..........

tryin to talk my new boss into picking up pb so i can get some

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

the basket and terminal kinda remind me of a w7

eehhh, not quite like a dub7, the terminals are the same as trhe MTX 9500. Also, it comes with a grill, but it is not integrated into it. The only thing I dislike, is that is it a pain to mount inverted....,but with the woven cone, it looks good either way.

looks like a very stout sub, but wish we knew more about it

well i switched shops a couple of weeks before they were available, and still have not yet convinced my new boss to go with pb

and it seems like basspro is the only person i can see that has played with the woofers, so any kind of review you can give us would be really kool

thanx

well i switched shops a couple of weeks before they were available, and still have not yet convinced my new boss to go with pb

and it seems like basspro is the only person i can see that has played with the woofers, so any kind of review you can give us would be really kool

thanx

x2 :slayer:

thanx

x2 :slayer:

OK, gove me a couple of days, & i'll put together a review of en for y'all..........with pros & cons for the speaker......I will do my best to have it posted by Saturday.

thats kool, thanx man

OK, so I got booked up....I will get it up asap...sorry guys

its ok no rush

did u forget about us????

did u forget about us????

Me forget, naw guys. I just had a Deal on "Good Morning Sacramento" on KMAX/UPN that I had to get a bunch of cars ready for.......also, I had to retrofit the Rex for one of the 3000D's in place of the Interfire's previously ran.....you know, Pimp the new stuff every chance we get.....I thought the dude was gonna have a heart attack when I hit him with a 163.1dB burp :idiot: (at 49Hz, not my usual 52Hz, but for the camera the subs move a lot more, & sounds louder)!!!! By the way, that was with the old XS15's, only 2 of them........def. beat the snot out of the Del Sol I built for the TV show with 2 Atomic AP's (pulled a 158+ outta it, still not bad though).

can I ask, do you feel the PB XS's are able to do the huge numbers the Atomic APX's can?

and can I ask what makes the older XS's better ( a few people have mentioned that)

can I ask, do you feel the PB XS's are able to do the huge numbers the Atomic APX's can?

and can I ask what makes the older XS's better ( a few people have mentioned that)

Well, we are going to find out. I don't think (or even pretend) that the XS's are capable of the # the APX's do. However, & am confident that they will beat the snot out of the AP's......actually 4 of the ES12DS were only .1 down from 4 Atomic AP's, so yeah, the XS's have the potential in my eyes.

As far as new Vs. old XS's. The new ones handle less power, & are more geared to LOUD good sounding bass, & are a little more refined than the old ones. the old ones have a bigger magnet & will handle far more abuse. Those that have set records with the XS's have done it with the old ones, NOT the new ones......I am pleading with my sales rep to get them to put out another run of the old ones......Hopefully AJ will hear our plea & help push some through.

Hopefully AJ will hear our plea & help push some through.

AJ is nolonger with powerbass,,last i heard he went to Concept,or one of the other smaller lines......

the Biggest Diffrence between the old and new XS were in production date.......the first few runs of the '02 models,the over all suspension of the driver was very Loose,raising the efficancy of the driver,big problem with it was although the Voice coil could take the abuse the suspension couldnt,tearing surrounds,seperating spiders,cones slapping on tinsel leads...these where all common problems found with the earliest model XS.....with the later 02-03(still black Basket)the driver became a bit more refined,adding of dual spiders,increasing Surround Wieght,getting it up to par,with its competion.......

then onto the 04 and 05 XS,,,,,,,big changes were comming..ok not so big of changes,the motor structure stayed the same,the dual spiders stayed the same,dust cap,cone,connectors,the only thing that has changed is the appearance,decreased the Motor whieght by 10%,chromed the basket,no change to the Yoke,so i hate to be the one that breaks the mith............but unless you had shipment from the first few batches(and belive me,you didnt want them)there isnt much of a change

AJ is nolonger with powerbass,,last i heard he went to Concept,or one of the other smaller lines......

the Biggest Diffrence between the old and new XS were in production date.......the first few runs of the '02 models,the over all suspension of the driver was very Loose,raising the efficancy of the driver,big problem with it was although the Voice coil could take the abuse the suspension couldnt,tearing surrounds,seperating spiders,cones slapping on tinsel leads...these where all common problems found with the earliest model XS.....with the later 02-03(still black Basket)the driver became a bit more refined,adding of dual spiders,increasing Surround Wieght,getting it up to par,with its competion.......

then onto the 04 and 05 XS,,,,,,,big changes were comming..ok not so big of changes,the motor structure stayed the same,the dual spiders stayed the same,dust cap,cone,connectors,the only thing that has changed is the appearance,decreased the Motor whieght by 10%,chromed the basket,no change to the Yoke,so i hate to be the one that breaks the mith............but unless you had shipment from the first few batches(and belive me,you didnt want them)there isnt much of a change

:blink: umm....the early 04 models had the same problem, in fact I have not had one of the new XS's last for any period of time, we just keep seperating voice coils from spiders & spiders from baskets. As you can tell from my sales recipts I no longer order the new XS's, I still get the old black ones (03 models)

:blink: umm....the early 04 models had the same problem, in fact I have not had one of the new XS's last for any period of time, we just keep seperating voice coils from spiders & spiders from baskets. As you can tell from my sales recipts I no longer order the new XS's, I still get the old black ones (03 models)

hehehe yeah they had that problem too,the factory had went cheesy with the glue..... :P i couldnt look up your reciepts even if i wanted to,,i left the company a few months back and some otherr cats in charge of Tech Support now :woot:

Powerbass USA....dude IM me, I thought you were Johnny from Powerbass?