sundownz

Deadener Coming to the Jeep

My peak did change already :

48 Hz - 150.7 dB

52 Hz - 151.9 dB

53 Hz - 152.0 dB

54 Hz - 151.9 dB

55 hz - 151.6 dB

Frequency is up 3 hz to 53 hz now. Counting the gan from frequency change I am now up 0.9 dB total.

told ya :D

that's crazy that it's changed 3hz already...

Edited by rushnrun

My roof was EXTREMELY weak so I'm not all that surprised. It was awful *laughs*

Excellent !

this also works better in some other cars / trucks but Jeeps are really good.

mine was a small HB that was braced well.. so guess there's a big difference there... :)

My roof was pretty crazy when it was all done.. dead as a rock.. you could beat on it and nothin'... I also glued .5" carpet padding to the roof (the automotive type that you'd find in your car) to keep the liner from rattling against the roof itself.

I miss that quiet little car (quiet rattle wise)... with the windows up you'd never guess the stereo was anything to be impressed about :)

Nice improvement Jacob. :)

Thats looking good, and I imagine sounding even better! I will be working on doing the roof, hatch and doors of my "05xa here in the next couple months, have already done 2 layers of edead v1se and 1 gallon of liquid deadener on my floor pan from my firewall to my back fenders, was really impressed with the reduction of road noise.

My dampener got here early - it is here today!

In the mean-time the Jeep needs to be ready for two shows this weekend so I am putting four 1500Ds in for that purpose.

My previous best score with a single Nightshade 15" with two 3000s @ 1/2 ohm (similar power to the four 1500s @ 1/2 ohm each) was 153.0 dB.

We'll see how I compare with the dampening done so far. In order to keep to the scientific method I won't apply more dampener until I get back from the shows and re-install the 3000D. But I can go back at the end and compare at high power once again once all the dampening is done!

CIMG2003.JPG

* Four SAZ-1500Ds installed

CIMG2004.JPG

* All of my new dampener!!!

CIMG2000.JPG

* First burp - HU Sub Control at +0

CIMG2001.JPG

* Second burp - HU Sub Control at +3

CIMG2002.JPG

* Third burp - HU Sub Control at +3 / One Hour Charge time on the batteries (lunch break)

-----

I am 1.3 dB louder than my previous best ever score with a single Nightshade 15!!!

Not bad if you ask me... not bad at all.

Yes, it works great! I just helped my friend finish some in his other SPL setup Dodge Colt. We used Rammat Deadening I kinda like this stuff the best so far, but second skin stuff is great, the Spectrum spray is wicked I used it on my mat and boy did help out even more.

I need to come to NC to check out some shows and see your Jeep and talk about Sundown. I now have 2x 100.2's coming to me tomorrow from the Brown Santa.

I know you'll get a bit more score when the thing is totally finished.

Edited by dat

i like how you documented the progress.. amazing the increase you got with the deadening! and an amazing score with just 1 sub in that little box..

Going to a show tomorrow so the head-liner has to go back in temporarily.

I am still 1.0 dB ahead of my best Nightshade score to date with the head-liner back in :)

CIMG2010.JPG

CIMG2011.JPG

CIMG2012.JPG

nice, looks like i might have to do my roof also

now lets see what happens with w NS and 4 3000d's....this is getting quite interesting Jacob

Looken good man. Had a good time at the show yesterday hopefully you'll have this all done by the next one.

Put the 3000D back in... dead on at 152.0 as before :)

Added dampener to my hatch + second layer on the back 1/3 of the roof :

CIMG2005.JPG

CIMG2006.JPG

NO CHANGE - 152.0 dB

Next will be to double layer the rest of the roof... then on to the sides!

Second layer on middle 1/3 of roof (2/3 of roof now double layered):

CIMG2013.JPG

GAIN : 152.1 dB

Brandon came in and reset the meter before I could get a picture this time, though!

Something happened when I added the second layer on the front 1/3 of the roof and brought me down to 151.9 dB again. I peeled that off and got back up to 152.0 dB but my extra 0.1 is missing in action!

May have been from having a complete battery charge.

Pics of what I added then peeled off :

CIMG2014.JPG

* Double layering the front 1/3 section

CIMG2015.JPG

* Peeling off

CIMG2016.JPG

* Peeling off more

Good think about Damplifier is you can get it off if you do it shortly after application - just don't try to do it later on :)

Something happened when I added the second layer on the front 1/3 of the roof and brought me down to 151.9 dB again. I peeled that off and got back up to 152.0 dB but my extra 0.1 is missing in action!

May have been from having a complete battery charge.

do you think that it is possiable when you put the second layer on that your hz went back down to 50hz? I think there still might have been a gain? not sure thought? great testing so far!! keep us posted

CIMG2017.JPG

* Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Pic 1

CIMG2018.JPG

* Driver Side Rear Quarter Panel Pic 2

CIMG2023.JPG

* Passenger Side Rear Quarter Panel Pic 1

CIMG2024.JPG

* Passenger Side Rear Quarter Panel Pic 2

-----

My 152.1 won't come back - maybe it was a fluke perfect hit on the mic or something to that effect.

I am hitting 152.0 over and over... no effect from deadening the internal areas in the rear quarter panels. I have not sealed up the holes yet - just dampening the outer skin of the vehicle from the inside. I did both sides and 152.0 it still is.