Sign in to follow this  
SundownH2

Having issue with SAZ1500D need help...Input on 15" Subwoofer

I have sundown saz1500d amp...I have 0 guage power supply. First I hade a orion H2 15 D2 hooked up running at 1 ohm blew it up after a week was in a orion built to spec box...Next I purchased a RE Audio MX15 D1 Lasted 3 months was running at 2 ohms so it was getting maybe 7 or 800 watts...Dont know why im blowing sub?? amp levels are not maxed by any means...Looking for a single 15" subwoofer for daily use that wont blow up on me....I need input please Looking for SPL but I still want it to sound well... I hooked up a Orion HCCA 15 D2 And was pretty satisfied but am kind of turned off since the H2 I had hopes for blew so easily... Cant make up mind between HCCA 15 D2, Another RE audio, Was thinking Mabye Fi heard nothing but good about them.... Or Digital designs but cant find one.....Could use input what do you think??? Oh its going in an 04 Mountaineer if that helps any so space isnt an issue.... Thanks in advance for any help/input

well it seems like its user error your bass boost is up or your volume know is being turned to high...

why not a sundown sub?

Never thought about a Sundown sub... Dont know any thing about them sundown seems pretty scarce in Cleveland Ohio I Like the amp for sure.....No Amp levels were all down didn't even turn bass boost up and as far as volume goes I have a pioneer AVP4000DVD volume goes up to 40 I never go past 30.. Thanks

well, must not be the subs and since you say you want SPL, i'm betting you are clipping the hell out of the amp.

Time to have someone set your amp up right because it's outputting a dirty signal.

Also, make sure your subsonic filter is set right or damage will occur as well if using ported boxes.

Also, if you got your LPF set over 100hz, you can easily overheat a sub while clipping.

Less movement, more clipping, not enough air circulation... Stinky Stink smelly smell...

Not sure what clipping amp is Ill be honest..... My gain was set a little more than half up, Sub sonic filter was all the way down, Phase all the way down,bass boost all the way down, LPF turned about 3/4 of a turn, Gain and bass boost on CD player all set at zero How do you tune subsonic filter is there a general rule?? thanks

Edited by SundownH2

SSF should be set at the tuning of your box....

so if its 33 hz put it to 33ish.

i have been thinking about selling my nightshade 15's

Thanks for the info..... Still no input really on either on which 15" woofer I should go with Orion HCCA, RE audio, Fi,Digital designs, Sundown ?????

Ok looking for one 15" subwoofer want to spend around $600 ....Also is there anything I can do with my RE audio Mx15 D1 one voice coil is blown i bought it used off craigslist so i have no warranty

i vote DC Level 4 xl:)