Sign in to follow this  
kwschs

A little Confused with my speaker (I want to upgrade)

Ok,

First off, I am no genius at picking the stuff I want in my car, but I am pretty good with electronics as I majored in physics, and can beat my way around the bush putting it in a car.

I really just want something that sounds great as a final product.

My question to the community here!

Q: I have an 06 Dodge Durango SLT (just the simple , no GPS or anything special). I want to upgrade the chitty speakers all the way around, but I'm not sure what to buy. Crutchfield is saying I can't buy component speakers because tweeters need to be placed seperately, which I understand, yet I think there is tweaters just under the front window. No tweeters in the back though I'm pretty sure. So...

Do I

A) Buy new speakers (non component) and throw them in, leaving the front tweeters there with the new headunit im buying (probably a simple pioneer)

B) Buy new speakers (non component) and throw them in, but adding an after market amp in addition to the new headunit

C) This is the best option im assuming but I don't know if it will be compatible with my car, that's my question. Do i buy component speakers , hook them up to an amp in addition to the new HU.

Thanks guys! I figure you can find info about my car on google if it helps

Okay, let me ask a couple questions before we get to your answers!

1.) What is your budget?

2.) What are you goals with this system. Do you want something that will sound nice all around, or some bassmobile?

Well i have an 18 in my durango, but i want my speakers to sing. Prices need to be reasonable, but im looking to spend a decent buck

So you're looking for something to get loud and keep up with your 18?

adding another amp to power the speakers is deff going be needed. do comps up front and if u really want to put something in the back u can... id recommend putting all the money up front...

Edited by lithium