Sign in to follow this  

So a friend of mine has a Q45 (the car) and he has the BOSE speaker system installed in it. He's no car enthusiast, nor am i, we just like our stuff working (I am the sub junkie). Recently he said his front left tweeter stopped working completely. He said if he breaks hard it will work for that moment, and perfectly.

I'm leaning that it's not blown and it might be a loose wire?

Should i just pull the dash open, rewire that speaker? Thanks

could be a lose wire or even the contact wire inside the tweeter.. the lead is so small.

If your looking for an easy fix, it sounds like a wiring issue. So i would just yank the dash apart.

If it works, it's not blown. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Check that first and report back!

Hey guys, thanks a lot. If its anything more complicated then that I will have him take it to a master, but for the time being our audio shops rip off the customer at $100 just to diagnose it.

If the wires aren't loose and that's not the problem. Hook up a spare tweeter to it and see if that works. If it does it's a driver problem. If it still doesn't work you have another problem, obviously.