christobear

System for a dude (me!)

i know everything is install related, but i want to try to get a general consensus

i asked this question on another forum as well

subs are DC lvl 3

as far as output, im quite sure i would be happy with either setup. my buddy has 2 12" type r's sealed up and they are loud enough for me (but louder still is better)

my goal then is to hit as low as possible with these subs (i listen to rap, so the lowest i would need to think about would be like in "put on": ~25hz)

i typically set my crossover around 65-70hz, so anything above that im not worried about

currently front is stock, but will be upgraded soon; looking at rainbow and hertz right now....

12's ported, box hopefully either planned or built by PTS or FC (as far as i know they are both very good)

-most volume as possible up to their max rec. of 4 cubes for the pair

-either aeroports or kerf flared

-original thought was 32 hz (lowest DC recommends)

vs. 15's in a simple sealed setup, full 6 cubes for the pair

now some guy on my other forum ran this through his comp and showed me this (12's are red, 15's orange)

subw.th.jpg

he also said that the 12's would unload under 30 hz without a ssf (which i have)

so i want your input.

thanks guys

ps. in case anyone wants to try to see how low i could tune the 12's. dims are 38W x 20D x 21H :D

Edited by christobear

Perhaps a different set of 12's that will let you use the 6ft you allocated to the 15's.

What is your max space? Budget? Goals?

basically im shooting for max output with the amp that i already have. i dont want to buy a new one and i know that in 5 years im not gonna be as into super loud systems, so i dont want to waste money on huge electrical upgrades.

dims are 38 x 21 x 20

budget isnt a huge deal cause im looking for something that will handle 1200 rms total to match my amp

basically, i want to get loud, but not lose all output in the mid 20 hz

but maybe im looking way too deep into this cause ill probably be pretty satisfied with whichever i choose.....

so i guess a simpler question would be, which would likely be louder to the ear, the 2 12's ideally ported or the 2 15's sealed?

maybe the 12's and a hybrid horn design from thumpper?