Generation X

Which SSA Sub would fit my needs?

What series SSA sub would suit me best? I was looking @ FI BLs or Qs but lost instress because

the guys on the Fi forum are to Baised.

All i asked for is a sub that could get loud and sound good. They say you can't have Both.

WTF! the reply is BLs get loud but lack lowend and SQ

the Qs sound great has lowend but lack output.

Please! Please help me decide , i don't want to Compromise SQ over Output.

For the record i have power to spare and space to work with and i'm lookin @ 18s btw.

All i hear is Get BLs

NO get the Qs

what type of music, what amp, what vehicle, ported or sealed. yada yada yada.

lol, I like how people freak out, like they are not going to be able to buy another sub. If they don't like the one they bought or get.

What series SSA sub would suit me best? I was looking @ FI BLs or Qs but lost instress because

All i asked for is a sub that could get loud and sound good. They say you can't have Both.

For the record i have power to spare and space to work with and i'm lookin @ 18s btw.

All i hear is Get BLs

NO get the Qs

This is easy. Our 18" XCON seems to be a perfect fit for SQ & OUTPUT. Can't loose with them. :fing34:

Plus they look really really good :);)

This is still a prevalent question. One you still need to answer.

All i hear is Get BLs

NO get the Qs

This is easy. Our 18" XCON seems to be a perfect fit for SQ & OUTPUT. Can't loose with them. :fing34:

Plus they look really really good :);)

What is the ported box specs for Xcon 18s?

18's ported are around 6.25 - 10.5 cubes and 26-34hz tuning is a good range to get started. Our show truck is tuned to 31hz and a number of people feel that is the sweet spot.

for a little less space try the Icons...4 cf3 before displacements...

I also looked at FI, on Termpak they are a real pitchy SPL sub..

SSA subs look A LOT better on the graph...

Super low end response and SQ beyond anything I've ever came across....

My vote would be, that if you acually like to listen to a wide variety of actual music.........

Go with SSA! Icon or Xcon depending on any space issues.

With 700 watts or more it is a win win regardless if you choose the Icon, Q, or Xcon (even IXL and RL-p for that matter). All are going to produce excellent sound in a proper enclosure. The differences are in the details in which drivers strengths will play better to your goals and how much in the end you want to spend. There are countless positive reviews on all the drivers I mentioned above (outside the Xcon as it is totally new to market). I would love it if you choose our driver, but I am not going to lie and say it is the only good option. The Icon and Q are both more driver then most people need and neither lack in low end or output regardless of sealed or ported and trust me I have plenty of time with both. The Xcon is a power step up from that, but also more expensive.

Q's are perfect for that....but it is what it is.

just get icons, cant go wrong with those. they sound great.

Q's are perfect for that....but it is what it is.

just get icons, cant go wrong with those. they sound great.

Icons don't make 18s, but i'm very curious about Xcon 18.

If you are going for output and SQ then SSA is the way to... Ive heard the Icons and the Dcons and both of them surpassed my expectations... Im waiting to hear the Xcons.. I know that I wont be disappointed. If you have the 2-3K then I would say Xcons all the way.... :fing34:

There's a couple around here that have used them....haha OTHER than the owners of the company ;) One off the top of my head....

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=25752

Not dissing anyone at SSA. Honestly my next subs WILL be yours cause of how you run this site, give unbiased advice (well, as much as you can lol), and i haven't read one negative thing about your products or you guys

Me personally, I'd go with the XCON, but no matter what your getting a good prduct :D