Sign in to follow this  
Bigmike

Xcon box size recommendation????

I made up my mind!!! and it's the Xcon.Since the xcon been on

parole I can't stop drooling, 31 mm Xmax damn!!!!

I will like to know the min. and optimal cu. ft 12''s and 15'' ported????

Hey bigmike,

Here are a few ranges as we will have the final suggested specs up on the Xcon page this week.

Xcon 12:

1.65-2.75cubes 27-34hz

Xcon 15:

3.25-5.25cubes 27-34hz

Again, these are not final just yet. :)

Hey bigmike,

Here are a few ranges as we will have the final suggested specs up on the Xcon page this week.

Xcon 12:

1.65-2.75cubes 27-34hz

Xcon 15:

3.25-5.25cubes 27-34hz

Again, these are not final just yet. :)

Ok !!!! Thanks denim.

Mines 3.1cuft at 30hz each after displacement and the sound quality and output is amazing

Edited by MemphisMzd

Mines 3.1cuft at 30hz each after displacement and the sound quality and output is amazing

can't wait till you get some real power on them, to see what you have to say :ehh:

Any quick ideas on the 18" for killer lows?

6-10.5ft^3 @ 27-34hz will do just nicely.

Personally I would do a 7-8ft^3 @30hz :)

hey Mark I asked about power with my soundstreamPCA2000d before now my question is would the box i would be building for this will be 7.33cuft external tuned to 34 hz with two 4in psp ports will this work for the 18" Xcon?Or should i do a 15" instead?Thanks!!!XCON TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!

Edited by 94sundace

hey Mark I asked about power with my soundstreamPCA2000d before now my question is would the box i would be building for this will be 7.33cuft external tuned to 34 hz with two 4in psp ports will this work for the 18" Xcon?Or should i do a 15" instead?Thanks!!!XCON TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!

Should be fine, I would try to tune it a bit lower if it's for daily driving, but it's all in your preference. :fing34:

Should be fine, I would try to tune it a bit lower if it's for daily driving, but it's all in your preference. :fing34:

agreed! hits like ton of bricks at 30 and man does it dig lowwwwwwww.

will 2 12" Xcons do good in 3.5 to 3.7 cu ft ported tuned at 32 hz?

I am thinking about picking up the free enclosure offer along with order of 2 12s, but still undecided though..

will 2 12" Xcons do good in 3.5 to 3.7 cu ft ported tuned at 32 hz?

I am thinking about picking up the free enclosure offer along with order of 2 12s, but still undecided though..

3.5 is really on the smaller side for the Xcon's. If you can get the box to 4 cubes, or really close to it, that would be better.

would 3.5cf net tuned to 30hz using 2 4inch pvc ports be good for 1 15 on 1000-1200wrms? its a tad small so i don't know how it would do with only 1k rms or would it just be better to make a bigger box around 4cf?

would 3.5cf net tuned to 30hz using 2 4inch pvc ports be good for 1 15 on 1000-1200wrms? its a tad small so i don't know how it would do with only 1k rms or would it just be better to make a bigger box around 4cf?

3.5 is fine, so if you already have that box built, try the Xcon in it and see how it preforms in your install. If you can tell it is craving for a larger box, then build (after you have given the driver time to break in). :)