ANeonRider

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

I've been pondering this for a while....

Should I sell the RL-p 12" and pick up 4 RL-i 8's instead and run the amp at 2 ohms, giving each 8 ~250W?

Thoughts?

well, u gain some cone area..lol..so u should natuarally be louder..

but it's up to u...i mean, a single sub setup is more impressive then multi subs (even 8's) for any givin spl..

but four 8's in the right enclosure would be sweet. then again..everybody is doing some kinda multi 8 thing..

i say...buy another car and put four eights in there..that way u have both!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

everybody IS doing installs w/ 8's, but how many people in ur area are doing it?<installing 8's, not "doing it" lol???im thinkin bout a single 8" setup w/200rms, tuned to around 34....

everybody IS doing installs w/ 8's, but how many people in ur area are doing it?<installing 8's, not "doing it" lol???im thinkin bout a single 8" setup w/200rms, tuned to around 34....

Nobody. I know of one guy that did, and he doesn't have them anymore. But, then again, barely anyone has anything like I do at the moment too, and all I have is a large MDF box. Rarely do you see a nice install here, most of it is just crap thrown together. I just need to start the fibre work in the trunk so I can quit thinking too much.

Either way, I'll be running 2 RL-i's in my HT soon.

there are several ppl around my area with multi 8 installs and one prelude with a single 8w7...

but then again...there isn't much u can do that isn't already being done..

in reality, neon, ur going to have to do what u want..and i know u knew that..but IMO one sub getting loud is more impressive then 4 subs getting loud...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I say keep the 12, buy and 8's and see which sound you like the best