Aaron Clinton

1997 Porsche 911 TurboS

I am sorry I promised these up a while ago, but here they are with a silly vid to go with them, but anyway this is number 66 of 188 built, it is the only red on red in existance, arena red to be exact, so yes that means this is the only one, the previous owner was the minority owner of the Cincinatti Red, (not Marge Schot) hence the red on red, every and I mean every internal surface is covered in leather or carbon fiber. This car has only 12k on it, and I keep it in top condition about every other weekend.

I was able to drive this not to long ago, the drive was so short I was not able to really gather too much information. But this car replaces a 1997 911 Turbo, which I also drove. I will tell you this, the Turbo (black one that is in my avitar on CA.com) was a little quicker to gain boost and a little touchy on all aspects, but this TurboS is some other kind of monster. When both turbines are able to spoll up, it has a surge like no other, and with 4WD it happens instantanously. I have driven vipers and vettes, and they do not have a prayer next to this. Even an L88 Stingray and 93 Esprit, did not pull like this. It is an indescribable feeling, almost as if (under 2/3 throttle mind you) I did not have enough time to shift to the next gear before the rev limiter was smacked.

The feel, the sound, and smells of this car are what my childhood dreams were made of. A few differences over the standard turbo are listed as such: larger turbos, lightweight quad exhaust, carbon fiber everywhere, larger cross drilled rotors and brakes, rear quarter panel hole for engine air intake, moddified rear wing, paint, lower front valence, front bumper openings for brake ducts, leather leather everywhere down to the smallest detail. There are more things I am forgetting, but the "Turbo S" is everywhere just incase passengers for a moment thought that they might be riding in a more pedistrian standard "Turbo".

In the video, it was taken on my digital camera, so the small mic is over whelmed with air flow and struggles to pick up how truly low the note is. It is very low, much lower than you might ever imagine a flat six to make. If you look closely, in one of the pictures you will see a 1998 Dinan M3. I did an article on this car last year for momentum. With supercharger and other previously listed upgrades, that car is supposed to dyno at 415+ hp. It has very strong surge, but if chasing the Turbo S, the M3 would fade into the distance faster than a big girl trying to ask out Brad Pitt.

Look all ya want, hope you likey :ohsnap:

and the video is linked here:

http://www.woofervids.com/displayimage.php?pos=-1940

:faintthud:

Stereo any good ?

Doesnt rev to high

Nice legs

Beautiful, but man, do I hate dark red interiors.

My moms car is red interior, not as bas as that car though

Very, very nice car. If only it were mine :P