Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

New Box for the Jeep

New Box :

CIMG2135.JPG

CIMG2136.JPG

CIMG2137.JPG

7 cubes with 195 in^2 of port area

You can see it is very close to the hatch... this was not as planned - I have to move the amp rack forward to move the box forward.

Due to the proximity to the hatch my loudest frequency dropped to 45 Hz (the vehicle actually peaks at 53 Hz) - but it put up a good number anyway!

154.2 dB @ 45 Hz legal dB Drag Style

157.0 dB @ 45 Hz in the kick panel one door open

2x SAZ-3000Ds @ 1/2 ohm and 17.9v

2x Nightshade v.2 Prototypes (the SPL is about the same as the original but these have a higher long-term power handling)

I have not done ANY resin work to the box... no corner smoothing pieces... no sanding... nothing like that. So it has more to go... not to mention getting it back to the right frequency!

Weren't you doing that number with one 15 ? Still a badass number at 8hz down from peak. I bet it sounds alot louder to the ear.

Drew

Yah, I was doing 154.3 with one 15" - but as you noted - this is 8 Hz off my vehicle frequency.

Got the box forward 3-4" or so and got my frequency up to 47 Hz - resulting in 154.9 dB :)

Looks like I may have made an error in the port length so I am going to have to get in the box and cut it down a bit to get my tuning back up to 53 Hz.

I need to clamp power too in order to see how this compares watt to watt vs. my single woofer setup. I need to get the tuning back to where it needs to be first, though!

A 154 @ 45hz is very different than a 154 @ 53hz. That's the first time I've ever seen the Jeep flex that bad. I swear the windshield was buldging and door frames were bowing out.

A 154 @ 45hz is very different than a 154 @ 53hz. That's the first time I've ever seen the Jeep flex that bad. I swear the windshield was buldging and door frames were bowing out.

i bet it sounds very good

was all this flexing at the show in dillon the weekend?... i knew that i should have went

Yep - it was @ Dillon.

My gas tank has had a slow leak when full for a while now... well after doing quite a bit of 45 - 47 Hz testing at over 154 dB it is leaking BAD now and it is only 1/4 full.

New gas tank has been ordered *laughs*

ripping gas tanks now....damn dude! LOL

Ill have to come by and see this thing in action sometime this week maybe.

Well it'll be parked at home until Thursday.

I had to order new filler neck hoses for the gas tank as apparently nobody stocks those. While I have it apart I am changing all that stuff.

don't blame you for fixing it all at once that sucker was pretty stinky last time i stopped by so im sure the leak was pretty bad.

It was barely leaking when you were here compared to this! I had a huge puddle under it... lost 1/8th of a tank in a few hours.

The Jeep sounds awesome Jacob. Strong bass like that will definitely tear some stuff up in a vehicle. I hope my 15's don't tear up too much in my suv.

It was barely leaking when you were here compared to this! I had a huge puddle under it... lost 1/8th of a tank in a few hours.

Doh.. that chit aint good. let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Doh.. that chit aint good. let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Thanks for the offer :) I am almost done - just waiting on the filler neck hoses then I can put it all back in. Going back in will be easy as I'm using all new (non rusty) clamps!

Sounds like you need to call Anthony again. ;)

My last part came in today... so I should be getting it fixed up tonight.

Sign in to follow this