Sign in to follow this  
SupahDave

2 10" Icons?

So heres the deal. Ive been waiting on the IA LI 10s to be released and take advantage of the free enclosure deal. SInce there is no real date to be released yet, im pondering the idea of doing 2x 10" Icons and powering with a SAZ-1500d. Quentin drafted me up a box to suit my space and came up with 2.5ft^3@32hz.

My question is, will 750wrms a piece be enough for these to really shine? I currently have a 12" Q in 2ft^3@32 off the same amp. Im looking at changing my setup and going for more output. Does this sound like a reasonable option? I dont want to drop the dough and not be 100% satisfied.

Thanks!

There are more then a few people who have Icons that run them on less then 500 watts and love their performance. Just because they are ratted for 1000watts, does not mean they need all of it, or even 3/4 of it. :)

i am currently running the setup you desire, and i am very pleased on how the icons perform!

:woot:

thanks for the opinions. Looks like i might go this route unless IA can give me a date of release. A free enclosure is making this very tempting.

you say that you are pleased with how they perform, but people also say that about 1 12" Q. Generally speaking, will there be a significant improvement in loudness?

you say that you are pleased with how they perform, but people also say that about 1 12" Q. Generally speaking, will there be a significant improvement in loudness?

I had that same exact set up in my truck for a while and you can ask anyone that heard it they will all tell the same thing. (demo'd to over 100 people) "those are the loudest tens i've ever heard in my life" they all said. It was nuts. They are nuts.

I had that same exact set up in my truck for a while and you can ask anyone that heard it they will all tell the same thing. (demo'd to over 100 people) "those are the loudest tens i've ever heard in my life" they all said. It was nuts. They are nuts.

Biased review, does not count.

J/k, appreciate the response. Talking to Quentin now, think im gonna give them a shot.

I was amazed on the low end out put from the Icon 10's

142db @ 20hz and topped at 145db @ 27hz TL on the dash doors closed

with just two Icon 10"...LMAO

they sound really good at lower power levels so you don't have to

crank it to get the sound

You wont regret it :)

ive been contemplating the idea of doing 2 10's for a while, just been kinda picky. Didnt want to spend the dough on an impulse buy, so ive been doing some research for the last few months off and on.

If these bad boys are as bad as you guys say they are i should be happy with them.

ive been contemplating the idea of doing 2 10's for a while, just been kinda picky. Didnt want to spend the dough on an impulse buy, so ive been doing some research for the last few months off and on.

If these bad boys are as bad as you guys say they are i should be happy with them.

with out a doubt you will :fing34: