Sign in to follow this  
orangelss

Help chosing sub

Been looking through all the specs for the three. Well what specs their are for the Xcon. They all seem to be about equal in most aspects. What I'm looking for is a sub that can handle my Sundown 1500d daily, sounds good, will get loud when asked. Looking at the 12" or 15" models due to hight limitations in my car. Have up 3cft to work with. If you can think of another sub that will fit the bill throw it in the mix.

This is for a 2005 Focus hatchback. I have a Kinetic 1800 under the hood with the big 3 done, 1/0 to the back and a second 1800. Sundown 1500d, 125.2, and 50.4. TC Sounds RMB65s in the doors, Cadence dome mids and Vifa xt25 in a-pillar pods. Head is a Pioneer 800prs. Pods use the crossover in the 50.4.

Edited by orangelss

All are very good subs. You have a tough decision to make.

damn I'm almost in the same boat except I have room for 2. I really cannot decide between the BL and the Xcon, they both seem so good!

Yeah they all look nice on paper. SSA known for great sounding subs and is the leader right now for going in my car. The Fi I'm sure will get loud but not sure how much I'll be giving up on cleanlyness. I had a q before and wasn't really impressed. Anyone using a BL 12 want to chime in. The Sundown is the price winner and after really bugging Jacob. He will get me one in a 12 but it will cost as much as a 15. I have heard really good things about the z series though.

Edited by orangelss

I am biased. ;)

I think I'll give SSA a chance with the Xcon, it sounds like a very promising driver for someone who is not only in search of output but also SQ.

Yeah going to try a Xcon and a Sundown Z. See how I like them if I get a little more $ will order a Fi BL also.