Sign in to follow this  
bedbreath

My first setup

Well im new to car audio, and have been wanting to install a sub along with a new head unit replacing the stock one I have. After hours of looking around and asking I've finally come this being the starters for my first install

1 15" ssd dual 2 ohm & copper coil

Sundown SAE/SAZ-1000D

Pioneer DEH-P7000BT

its a budget setup for my 1999 mazda protege, and I usually listen to rock and club/house music, and am aiming for an inbtween of sq and spl, yet leaning towards spl.

so tell me what you guys think, does it work?

Looks good. Now you have to decide on what type of box you're going to build. Ported or Sealed.

Although with your listening habits, you should be leaning to the ported route.

ya ported is what I wanted to build I've been searching and searching for help in that, any suggestions as in help to build the right box? I know I need about 3.7 cu ft but can I just use what ever resonable demensions I want or do i want specific box demensions (not talking about the port width and length but a good place to figure those numbers out as well would be helpful)

Edited by bedbreath

i hate to rain on your parade... but you may want to switch vendors. Fi is wonderful, buttttt right now Audibel Customs is having a deal right now for a sub and free custom enclosure to go with it (dont even have to pay shipping on the box). Heres a link to his post... LINK

I only say that because you say you are on a budget...

Instead of putting money into the box, you can throw it into a better sub.

Not to mention, he makes great boxes.

i hate to rain on your parade... but you may want to switch vendors. Fi is wonderful, buttttt right now Audibel Customs is having a deal right now for a sub and free custom enclosure to go with it (dont even have to pay shipping on the box). Heres a link to his post... LINK

I only say that because you say you are on a budget...

Instead of putting money into the box, you can throw it into a better sub.

Not to mention, he makes great boxes.

great deal to try get on right there bfore it ends

Yeah he is going to be making my box for two incriminator audio 12" Lethal Injections :) cant wait!!!

wow... what a deal.. thats hard to pass up, what would my second choices be ssa dcons or insciminator lethal injections... its a hard choice becuase i want those fi's badly and i was looking forward to making my own enclosure, good learning experiece... but its such a good deal lol... idk what to do

Well if I were you, I would do whatever the wallet told me to get at the time... you can always upgrade in the future.

All honesty... yeah i would love to make my own box too... but yah know what... when someone who is far more experience than me is willing to build a better looking, sounding, and overall better quality box... i decided to take him up on it lmao. I originally wanted a Fi BL, but this deal swayed me away from it. Then i was just gonna get a 15 Death Row, but then i decided to go with the 2 12 Lethal injections, pretty much same price and a lot more output. Theres so many possibilities with car audio its unbelievable. I myself am just getting into it and im just relaying the info that ive learned from other people on the forum. One thing i will tell you that ive been told many times by everyone here lol, nobody can tell how something will sound in your car, videos dont do anything, specs dont do much... You just need to look at peoples opinions.

You are going to love the SAZ-1000D, I have one..... for now.... and love it so far!!! Alot of power!!!

Good choice on amp/sub combo. I've got 2 15" LI's ported with a SAZ-1500D and it is sick, IA is a great product!

yea I'm buying a used SEA 1000D ya its outdated, but It seems very close to the cousin SAZ, and much cheaper, plus it still has 1 1/2 warrenty left so it seems like a good buy for $260

but yea the specs on the amp as far as I know are pretty damn good adding a crossover with this seems excessive and unnecessary.

Edited by bedbreath

I have a 15 SSA Icon in a 4 ft3 ported enclosure for about 2 weeks.

I can tell you it sounds really really good!!! - had several subs before (15 Kicker L7, 12" Pioneer, Alpine, 15" Impact, and more!!!y

I run it with "only" 650 w rms @ 4 ohms, and it is Fantastic!

I was not so sure about it before , the reviews may be biaised, and too positive. It's'a business!!!

But NO !

It's'a hell of a sub:)

You'd'better give it a try. (With the free enclosure, it must be a very good deal).

I am even afraid of how the SSA Xcon can sound and hit: got to be a MONSTER !!