Sign in to follow this  
tdblanchard13

Few questions before LI purchase

hey guys, i am currently in line for the free enclosure deal with audibel customs. i have decided to go with the lethal injection. first question, if i got a AQ1200d and wired the sub at 2ohms, would the 870rms watts be too much for the rated 600watts? i want a daily set up where i can pound for 20-30min without having to worry about toasting my sub. i could wire it to 4ohms for 570watts rms if the 2ohm load is too much for a daily set up. im open for other amps in the same price range ($250). second question.....i am planning on getting a single 12' and putting it in close to maximum specs as far as size goes (anywhere from 2.25 to 2.5). i have been playing around with idea of getting the 15'. if i did go with the 15', i would have to do the box at 2.5 max. would i get better sq and spl with the max spec box for the 12', or the 15' with the box at being less than the recommended specs? im thinking i would be starving the 15' of airspace. hope all that made sense lol. thanks guys

I would go with 12s, and 2 ohms on that amp will be fine. You can always limit the power of the amplifier using the gain knob. You could put a 1000 watt amplifier on a 100 watt sub and it will play fine for days straight with the right person on the volume knob.

hey guys, i am currently in line for the free enclosure deal with audibel customs. i have decided to go with the lethal injection. first question, if i got a AQ1200d and wired the sub at 2ohms, would the 870rms watts be too much for the rated 600watts? i want a daily set up where i can pound for 20-30min without having to worry about toasting my sub. i could wire it to 4ohms for 570watts rms if the 2ohm load is too much for a daily set up. im open for other amps in the same price range ($250). second question.....i am planning on getting a single 12' and putting it in close to maximum specs as far as size goes (anywhere from 2.25 to 2.5). i have been playing around with idea of getting the 15'. if i did go with the 15', i would have to do the box at 2.5 max. would i get better sq and spl with the max spec box for the 12', or the 15' with the box at being less than the recommended specs? im thinking i would be starving the 15' of airspace. hope all that made sense lol. thanks guys

If both subs would be using a 2.5 cu ft box, then the 12 would have a smoother response than the 15, however the 15 would likely be slightly louder.....so its really your call there. As far as power handling, I would buy the dual 4 ohm sub and run it at 2 ohms. You won't kill the sub with that much power, but do be careful, and as a rule of thumb, if you smell it, turn it down...lol. Oh and one more thing, if you aren't satisfied at first, keep playing it....it will get louder as it breaks in!!

I vote 12. The LI has very happy owners. :)

870rms is fine for the Lethal Injection, I am giving mines around 750rms and the LI just laughs at it. But with that amp you can run a pair of if you wanted too. either way with that box size will make your sub sound really loud! and like IA2 said the need time to break in but when they do...........lets just say you will be shocked!

alright good stuff. i really like what i am hearing. the AQ1200d is on back order for 3 weeks so i think i might go with a kicker zx750.1. now i just need quentin to get going on my box lol.

I would recommend the 12" LI in it's recommended enclosure, you will be more than satisfied and it will get plenty loud! The LI series is a great subwoofer.

alright good stuff. i really like what i am hearing. the AQ1200d is on back order for 3 weeks so i think i might go with a kicker zx750.1. now i just need quentin to get going on my box lol.

yeah get a design done by jblcamry and have someone build it, i would say have bj build it but he is retired at the moment lol. check out my vids on what this sub can do!

http://www.youtube.com/hondak20z1

Heck, get a box for free made by audible customs........if hes still offering that, it would be silly not to!

yea i was planning to get the box from him all along. another amp choice is the new hifonics brutus 1206d. i would rather stay away from that amp though. i might be possibly be buying a refurbished saz1000d

yea i was planning to get the box from him all along. another amp choice is the new hifonics brutus 1206d. i would rather stay away from that amp though. i might be possibly be buying a refurbished saz1000d

you can do a nine.1 from elemental designs, at 2 ohm it does 900rms, that would be more than enough. also 5 year warranty ftw, i have their discontinued nine.5 amp, and its a tank!