Sign in to follow this  
pear_b

So I hit 140.0 but not enough:(

2x Level 3 12's with an AQ 1200d amp, the box is little more than 4 cubes tuned to 39.5 hz, off some tones i was able to do a 139.9, and then some tuning bumped me up to 140.0 db, sealed with TL on the window.

The hard part is its in a 4 dr car which are f*ckn hard to get loud, but we shall see what this setup can do when tuned to 43-44 hz, should have results Thursday with some pictures.

2x Level 3 12's with an AQ 1200d amp, the box is little more than 4 cubes tuned to 39.5 hz, off some tones i was able to do a 139.9, and then some tuning bumped me up to 140.0 db, sealed with TL on the window.

The hard part is its in a 4 dr car which are f*ckn hard to get loud, but we shall see what this setup can do when tuned to 43-44 hz, should have results Thursday with some pictures.

to get loud you have to find the turning of your car. When you find that you will want to tune your box a little lower. Then you should get loud

i think that's a pretty decent score for being sealed. roll the opposite window all the way down or better yet, open the opposite door all the way.

Scoot both driver and passenger seats all the way up, flip sun visors strictly vertical.

yea i was thinking of trying both seats all the way forward and tilted, will try the rear window up and opposite window down, wer're just going to but a 9x9x9 piece of wood in to bump up the tuning to 43-45 hz, see how much I gain and how it sounds on music then maybe cut 4 inches off the port. Let me know if theres anything else I could do.

With my backseat up, 138.5,

back seat down 140.0

how is sub and port facing?

Also, where are you putting this piece of wood at?

I'm assuming your box is in the trunk which makes u fold the back seat down correct?

What you NEED to do is plug your port(s) with something so no air can get out of the box.

Get back on a TL and do a sweep in your car. It will tell you what your peak frequency is.

From there, unplug your port(s) and try burping right at that frequency and up to 3 notes below and above it.

Remember- After the sweep, let the subs cool down and keep your battery charged!

After every 2-3 burps, u need to let the subs cool a little and make sure the batt is still at the same voltage.

PS - I gotta help u get loud as best as possible because i plan on runnin some Lvl3s soon so i gotta make sure they have good potential.

I don't know what car you have but cavaliers get louder with the box all the way to the back of the trunk touching the tail lights.

also just because you tuned a box to a certain frequency doesn't mean it will peak at that hz usually it's slightly higher

ill go take a pic in few minutes, subs up, port shootn to the rear, voltage dropping to 11.1 V, need to get a D2400 or D3400, and upgrade grounds. give me few minutes and ill have a pic.

thats not a good box design for a trunk car.

Try, sub back port back with plenty of "breathing room" on at least 1 side of the box.

You can also try firing all subs to one side of the car and port back if u can make a box fit like that.

Your other option is to fire the subs forward and vent to one side. One side is greater than another so a meter is essential in testing these designs.

not a bad score off that low of power.

Pretty nice install.... boy does that power wire look familiar... :D

what type of car is that?

umm i did a 142.7 at 32hrz out of the trunk of a four door sedan with two icon 10s hmm maybe try another box?

This is a real good reason why this is a bad box design for trunk cars.

You have no breathing room for your box!

It's restricting it's potential.

You need decent amount of air flow around your box.

If your trying to get loud you need to flip your box around and seal it off from the trunk so no air escapes into the trunk of the car. It looks like a 4dr civic from the pics. I used to have one of those and with 2 Hifonics atlas sq12's and a goliath it did a 50 and 4 htz. I know that's more power and more cone area than you are using but its some food for thought. There are lots of ways to gain. Just deadning the roof and doors gained me 2.1 dbz. Just keep trying and you will eventually find your sweet spot.

If you build a new box build it so the subs are on the face along with the port. Try to get as much port are as possible. Its hard but can be done. It takes lots of time testing and tuning but if your dedicated and know what you want just keep working at it. you will get there eventually.

If your trying to get loud you need to flip your box around and seal it off from the trunk so no air escapes into the trunk of the car. It looks like a 4dr civic from the pics. I used to have one of those and with 2 Hifonics atlas sq12's and a goliath it did a 50 and 4 htz. I know that's more power and more cone area than you are using but its some food for thought. There are lots of ways to gain. Just deadning the roof and doors gained me 2.1 dbz. Just keep trying and you will eventually find your sweet spot.

If you build a new box build it so the subs are on the face along with the port. Try to get as much port are as possible. Its hard but can be done. It takes lots of time testing and tuning but if your dedicated and know what you want just keep working at it. you will get there eventually.

i agree with sealing it off as well.. presureising a smaller cabin area is easier as well as not loosing so much energy to the trunk flexing and what not..

subs forward and port through the deck is also a nice option

umm i did a 142.7 at 32hrz out of the trunk of a four door sedan with two icon 10s hmm maybe try another box?

You are doing that with a horn enclosure and more than 2000 watts. he has a ported box and 1200 watts that is a big difference right there. If you want to compare it at least be reasonable.

some very good possibilities, ill think of 1 or 2 and give it a shot and report back. I obv. dont have enough time to try everything out but my goal is 142, and I think very attainable with the idea you guys have gave me.

oh its a 91 accord;)

Edited by pear_b

added 0.3 cubes to the inside of the box and my score jumped up to 141.6 @ 42-43hz. Upgraded grounds, and D3400 in the front will bump me to 142 I hope.