gldnbuddy

Help with rattles

What is the best way to fix rattles in my vehicle. I have a Tahoe and pushing 1100W over 2 12" IA's ,rattle problems are in door panels and mostly headliner(specifically the temp. control unit in rear headliner)

Anyone w/ a Tahoe that knows exactly what I'm talking about please respond.

First remove woofers. Second listen for rattles. LOL

Deadening is expensive, but needed. I don't have any myself and wish too but I figure with this POS of a car I have, might as well wait until I get a better car. Good Luck.

I know exactly what your talking about, luckily a BTL produces enough bass so that you can't hear the rattling on the inside :)

I know exactly what your talking about, luckily a BTL produces enough bass so that you can't hear the rattling on the inside :)

Oh, believe me , it gets plenty loud enough to drown out rattles but I don"t want to listen to it that loud ALL the time. Do you know how expensive hearing aids are? What did you say? LOL I was just wondering if there is a trick to deaden that temp control console without matting the whole headliner.

Start with putting your hand on the actual pieces that rattle to see if applying a little pressure helps. Second, if there are noises inside the door, take the door apart and listen for noises closely.

Try to add some closed cell foam between the parts that cam come in contact when they vibrate.

Start with putting your hand on the actual pieces that rattle to see if applying a little pressure helps. Second, if there are noises inside the door, take the door apart and listen for noises closely.

Try to add some closed cell foam between the parts that cam come in contact when they vibrate.

Thanks for a reply from someone that sounds like they give a shit. I,m not stupid just new to high powered systems. Yes I have put pressure on the control panel and it is a problem. I was asking if someone out there that's not an arseho has a Tahoe and has found a trick to securing it to solve the problem.

I've gotten a lot of good advice on this forum but 99% of the time when I post I get replies from people that think they know everything and the one posting is a pucking idiot! GO AHEAD-BLOCK MY POSTS FOR LANGUAGE! PUSSIES!

Haha chill out! Deadening is your best bet, but you know that ;) And there is no substitute for time on this unfortunately :(

Edited by FF5

WEDGE A 2X4 BETWEEN THE FLOOR AND THE CONTROL PANEL!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink40:

Haha all bullshit aside, I know what you're talking about. I don't know about Tahoe's, but i know most vehicles have two layers of sheet metal for the roof. One being the outside of the car and the other being the part on the inside.. Maybe you could remove the control panel or some plastic trim pieces.. or anything that will give you better access to the inner layer of the roof and secure it better with a few self tapping screws.

Keep in mind this is a theory and if your roof is flexing its not gonna do a damned thing, or at least i don't think so.. Ha

WEDGE A 2X4 BETWEEN THE FLOOR AND THE CONTROL PANEL!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink40:

Haha all bullshit aside, I know what you're talking about. I don't know about Tahoe's, but i know most vehicles have two layers of sheet metal for the roof. One being the outside of the car and the other being the part on the inside.. Maybe you could remove the control panel or some plastic trim pieces.. or anything that will give you better access to the inner layer of the roof and secure it better with a few self tapping screws.

Keep in mind this is a theory and if your roof is flexing its not gonna do a damned thing, or at least i don't think so.. Ha

Thanks guys, I tried everything you suggested and found that the 2x4 works best. :bigclap: