Sign in to follow this  
BuzzKillington

RE Audio

I have been flippin back and fourth between subs for a good two weeks just drivin myself crazy. I have finally decided on RE. I can't quite decide if i want to go with 1 15'' SX, or two 12'' Ses. Either way ill go ill probably get an amp just to match the rms, maybe two hundred more, so that being the 15 is 1000, and the 2 twelves are 1200 total, HELP!!

i have an SX 15, it gets the job done. what you're asking isn't really a question. if you gave us some more information about your goals it would be easier to help you decide. try and give us the information addressed in these threads:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=13994

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=22849

I just wanna have some bangin bass that wakes you up at 2 in the mornin. I've had two audiobahns gettin pushed with 2400 watts, and i miss it. I have an ext cab s10, with the 15 i would hope to gain room, but i think the box needs to be 3 cu. ft? So i just really wanna know which subs gonna pound harder for the longest. Which setup would be louder? Maybe a suggestion on how to face a box in a truck cab?

you are not going to get any love trying to wake folks up at 2 am smh.................

you are not going to get any love trying to wake folks up at 2 am smh.................

and he obviously didn't read either of the two threads i posted.

buzz: if you don't make some effort to read a little about how to effectively ask questions here you won't get much back in the way of advice/help. if your goal is to be a menace and wake people up late at night you might as well look into another hobby.

Ditto.

I was thinking about adding my input until you said that. Now, nope.

If you set the amp right, the sub will last a very long time. I would just go with the two 12, because you seem to want to impress people. As to the 2 am thing, have fun getting your stuff jacked, or having your tires slashed by pissed neighbors.

Ok so take your doors apart, take out EVERYTHING that isn't necessary....cloth, plastic, etc......do the same thing throughout your whole car, then open all your windows, put down your rear seats down and point the subs/port forward :)

And i'd also look at kicker then too.

guys, i don't really want to wake people up at 2 in the morning. I just wanna be able to be that guy. I don't care about impressing other people i want my own personal preference, now i went to one of those threads and tried to throw info down as quickly as i could before work, here ill go back to both and rephrase everything. I have had two set ups in a previous car(honda accord) They were both ran by the same h2300 hct audiobahn amp at different times. I had 2 12'' alpine type rs, and 2 12'' audiobahn aw1206ts. My current budget is probably a bit shy of 600. The vehicle this all is going into is a 96 chevy s10 ext cab. I havn't heard alot of other systems but lately i've been hangin with my bud who has a four door car with one 15'' audio q? It pounds like a beast atleast to me.. I think im shooting for more SPL, but i also want a little SQ. I've heard good stuff about RE only over the internet, but like never if i ask any local person, so i am asking you guys, 2 12'' RE SE, or 1 15'' RE SX. I will be runnng the rms wattage nothing over. I was also wondering which was the best way to face an enclosure, with subs up, towards the driver, or towards the bed. thanks if you guys help this time...

the difference between two twelves and a single fifteen will depend on how much space you have for an enclosure. one is not inherently better than the other; the twelves will have a little more cone area but the fifteen will have a little higher efficiency, having two motors will allow you to distribute more heat than a single but will displace more volume in your box, etc. etc. etc. there's a little give and take with each setup which makes it a wash in my opinion. personally, i would (and did for my own setup) go with a single fifteen because it's cheaper and will require less space for about the same output. you will be much happier with a single woofer in the optimal enclosure than if you end up with two twelves in the minimum recommended enclosure size.

twelves really only start to get interesting when there's four or more of 'em anyways ;)

I took a look and measured my sub space and i don't think i can get a 15 :'(. So now i am forced to go with the 2 12 res. Big question tho i am now looking at boxes and was wonderin if the mounting depth on them is 6.5, would it matter if the boxs depth was 7.5? or would it throw it off?

Is that box depth internal or external? If external, it won't work. The sub will be too deep to fit in the box. If internal it should be ok. A bit more space may be ideal, but 1" should be sufficient for the vented pole.

You'll be happy with the two SE 12's. If you don't plan on putting more power to them than they are rated for, anyways. I have a 12'' SX and have a Crossfire 2000d on it. The SE has a softer spider setup than the SX so they move easier. I'm double the rating to the SX 12 with the 2000d and it hasn't damaged the coil or anything - though the surround came loose on one area because of how far it was moving... was able to glue it back in place and haven't had any further problems.

I guess my point is that if you're sending rated power to them in a daily set up than I think the SEs are the better choice in most situations (I got the SX only because of the power I was planning on sending to it).

why not ten's? with a 600 dollar buget you should save 200 more dollars. i would get 3 audioque sdc2.510 for 129.00 each and power then with an audioque 2200d for 389.00. then you'll have the sound you want with some quality.