Sign in to follow this  
GOTSPL'S

fi bl or Q

Got a phoenix gold titanium 1000.2 and wondering what i should get a 15 bl daily driver @ 1 ohm or a 15 Q? itll be in a 93 civic in a 32 cu.

SQ or SPL?

SQ-Q

SPL-Bl

what options are you wanting on each?

Edited by watts09

Got a phoenix gold titanium 1000.2 and wondering what i should get a 15 bl daily driver @ 1 ohm or a 15 Q? itll be in a 93 civic in at 32 cu.

Surely that doesn't mean 32cuft?

LOL the box would be bigger than the car :ehh:

bl..

and yes it iwll be fine/

From what i know about that amp it is a 2 channel amp and 4ohms is what you going to get mono so you are going to need a dual 2 sub and series it up to 4 ohms but that amp is a strong old school amp and it would be more of a SQ amp so i would go with the Q

From what i know about that amp it is a 2 channel amp and 4ohms is what you going to get mono so you are going to need a dual 2 sub and series it up to 4 ohms but that amp is a strong old school amp and it would be more of a SQ amp so i would go with the Q

What determines if an amp is an 'ess que' amp or not... ?

And what does is have to do with what woofer it will amplify ?

that amp is a 2 channel class a/b amp they are mostly run on mids and tweets and when ran mono they tend to get hot but they have a lower THD than class D amps which are made to run subs and doing so they don't pick up those high frequencies like class a/b amps so they tend to run cooler because they play the lower frequencies only and don't have to play the while range all the time saving current to the lower tunes call for it that's why you see more people running class D amps for subs and with that mp 4ohmsis what it plays in mono if you go lower than the 4 ohms you cause that amp to overheat go into protect and most likely blow a good amp playing to low of ohms if you want to play under 4hms you should gt you a class D amp dual 2ohm subs can be series up to 4ohms and you will be safe

that amp is a 2 channel class a/b amp they are mostly run on mids and tweets and when ran mono they tend to get hot but they have a lower THD than class D amps which are made to run subs and doing so they don't pick up those high frequencies like class a/b amps so they tend to run cooler because they play the lower frequencies only and don't have to play the while range all the time saving current to the lower tunes call for it that's why you see more people running class D amps for subs and with that mp 4ohmsis what it plays in mono if you go lower than the 4 ohms you cause that amp to overheat go into protect and most likely blow a good amp playing to low of ohms if you want to play under 4hms you should gt you a class D amp dual 2ohm subs can be series up to 4ohms and you will be safe

:huh::Doh:

i figure i got that amp for free so i might as well put it to use, i really dont fell like dropping 4 hundred on a new amp.im kinda confused cause i was looking at those IA death penalty's and that dc sound lab level 3, but i really like that FI BL

basically i want my trunk to sound like it's ready to blow off, (no rattle already matted) i already got alpine type s comps all round and center channel for my mids and tweet, im just trying to figure what 15' sub i wanna get

just make sure you get a sub that is a 4 ohm load at the end like a d2 woofer to be series up to 4 ohms for a single woofer, if you are going to run 2 subs you can run 2 d1's or 2 d4'sa single 15 or 12 would be good but et the D2 series

basically i want my trunk to sound like it's ready to blow off, (no rattle already matted) i already got alpine type s comps all round and center channel for my mids and tweet, im just trying to figure what 15' sub i wanna get

you want a BL. that amp will work fine on the dual 2ohm voice coil model.

you want a BL. that amp will work fine on the dual 2ohm voice coil model.

X2. Please do NOT get the Q :)

go with the bl but dont expect anything special with that amp.

but u do have room to upgrade and thats always good

There is nothing wrong with that amp. I'd rather have it over some of the class D amps on the market.

You may want to look into some FMODs to use as a subsonic as I believe that amp doesn't have one.

There is nothing wrong with that amp. I'd rather have it over some of the class D amps on the market.

You may want to look into some FMODs to use as a subsonic as I believe that amp doesn't have one.

i agree with bromo, that amp could pull more power than most stock japanese alternators will provide.