Sign in to follow this  
mwerling1212

box supplies

Im about to start building my box today, and i want to know the right screws and glue to get for it. thanks for the help.

Wood glue and course thread dry wall screws.

Edited by juslivin

Well, a lot of people use tightbond level 3, Gorilla wood glue, or liquid nails for wood. You can't go wrong with any of those.

I use Titebond 3 and brad nails. Before I had my brad nailer I only used glue though. no screws. NEVER EVER had a problem with a box 'breaking.' If you do want to use drywall screws you HAVE TO predrill your holes. If you don't you'll split MDF.

I think ill use drywall screws. i have one more question. Do i have to pre drill the holes to mount the sub? thanks for the help :bigclap:

Yeah you do have to predrill the holes to mount the subs, well im not sure if you have to but i did and im sure it won't hurt.

I think ill use drywall screws. i have one more question. Do i have to pre drill the holes to mount the sub? thanks for the help :bigclap:

I would. The big thing with MDF is the splitting. If you're running a screw into the edge of the board, you HAVE to pre drill. Spend some money and pick up a dust mask too. MDF dust is terrible for you.