jj53913

dp power handling

I know that they rate the dp at 1500 watts but I was told that they can handle close to 2000 daily (if careful) but could a person run close to 3000 for short periods (15-20 seconds). I understand that's not recommended just wondering if its been done and what the results were.

i have 2 dp 15 running off of 2 saz-3000d daily and they have been fine just be careful

Edited by 81chevystep

werd, if you know what your doing they can handle more power like any other sub out there.

For short periods of time you can put well over 3k rms without a problem, You could run them daily with that kind of power you would just need them reconed every now and again, depending on enclosure volume,port volume, tuning , type of material played, how hard , for how long, etc.

and assuming it is installed correctly, but they get loud with rated power , so I wouldn't recommend getting too carried away.

Edited by will3

There again it is dependent on alot of factors, but generally they will need new soft parts from fatigue in alot shorter period of time overpowering them 2x or more.

My point is you will shorten the life of the soft parts , how much is up to the install, user, and application

Thanks everyone for the imput. I ran into a few issues getting the 2 dp's installed, and figured that I would try one just to see what it sounds like. Running one gives me the option of running 3000 to it and I figured I would give it a listen just to see but was wondering what others thoughts and personal experiences were.

Ive got way more then 1500 going to my 15s, but the wear on the soft parts has never occures to me until just now.

I just wanted to give you a heads up, this doesn't mean that they won't last a very long time, Nick designs and builds one of the best drivers out there, I ran over 5k to a single DP for 4 months in one of our demos, with very good results, and very little fatigue considering. :D

Cool people with physical knowlage of what can be done with a dp. Its nice to read the responces on here versus other forum's. I got told the truth instead of a bunch of jack arse remarks. Thanks youguys I'm going to build the box tonight.

Cool people with physical knowlage of what can be done with a dp. Its nice to read the responces on here versus other forum's. I got told the truth instead of a bunch of jack arse remarks. Thanks youguys I'm going to build the box tonight.