Sign in to follow this  
mikey5472

Mids and Highs

I want to upgrade my midbass and highs. I am not sure what to look for with this. I just want something more clear than what i have now. I plan on getting a 100.4 or 50.4 or 125.2. One of those sundown amp. I was looking at the infiniti kappas, I know someone around here that might sell me some really cheap, I guess i just need some input on what to look for when buying a set.

As the nature of the regulars here on SSA, many will suggest going active. The 50.4 or 100.4 would be a great choice due to the nice crossover network. The next step would be to pick the mids and tweets, based on budget, size, how they match with each other, and amplifier. :)

As the nature of the regulars here on SSA, many will suggest going active. The 50.4 or 100.4 would be a great choice due to the nice crossover network. The next step would be to pick the mids and tweets, based on budget, size, how they match with each other, and amplifier. :)

I wouldn't really say I have a real budget. As long as I'm not spending gobs and gobs of money. I also don't really want to do any real modifying to my car. I was thinking of putting some tweets in the a pillars. Maybe 2 sets and just some 61/2 midbass in the doors. I could also remove the 4x6 in the dash and put tweets up there aswell. Depending on what driver/tweet I pick will determine what amp I use. I want something that will be clear and will keep up with the Xcon I just ordered.

Also i was thinking about building some boxes to go in the kick panel. Maybe fit a 8" driver or something there for a little more mid bass, but i am not sure if the sub would just drown that out anyway. I am still open for any suggestions.

Also i was thinking about building some boxes to go in the kick panel. Maybe fit a 8" driver or something there for a little more mid bass, but i am not sure if the sub would just drown that out anyway. I am still open for any suggestions.

You're not going to want to put boxes in the kicks. It would be a terrible idea. If you want to go that route I suggest learning to fiberglass.

You're not going to want to put boxes in the kicks. It would be a terrible idea. If you want to go that route I suggest learning to fiberglass.

I meant fiberglass enclosures. But still in the kicks. lol. I wasn't meaning like a huge square box.