airbear

how the f do you remove a dust cap

i had tried and tried to remove this dust cap on my other Q cuz i have one with a cracked dust cap but works fine and i have one that looks perfect but the tinsel lead is fried i wanna replace the cracked dc with the good one so when i send it in both are ready to roll when i gets it back.... i CANNOT for the life of me get it off its like freakin godzilla glued to the cone ....100% relentless swear to god any tips?

there used to be a video on here some where but i cant seem to find it.

damn ....i tried using a razor... multiple types... but the adhesive is like a friggin rock and quite thick....i really just dont wanna have to send it in for a simple dust cap when the sub is fine....it just doesnt go with the theme of my car , not messed up... this is the last thing i gotta do besides get a ho alt... all black with very few chrome accents cept the chrome 20s...smoked tail lights tinted windows blacked out grille blacked out amp and i just made a raised sub box logo today FI symbol in silver and the whole setup is lookin quite nice if i say so myself

I vote Funky Pup dustcap :)

Just think of all the noobs that would be like, "Oh my gawd, that bish is sooo loud!! WHAT?!?!? One Funky Pup does that?!?! DAYUUUUMMMM!! I gots to get me like ten a those!"

I can't find the video Nick posted but all he did was smash the dust cap with the end of a screw driver. DON'T get any plastic down in the motor though.

i dont think he wants to break the dust cap.

hes putin it on the other sub.

You aren't getting it off without breaking it.