Sign in to follow this  
Earsplitter

Alpine Type-R 15 + MRD-605 + 3.5cuft tuned@35 = ripped trunk latch *pi

rippedtrunklatch.jpg

old pic i ran across.

thought i'd share, i was amazed standing outside the car at the park, just beatin playin around, then the trunk flew open and wouldn't shut, to my surprise this was why ;d

was a simple single 15 type-r setup with an alpine mrd-605 pushin it.

setup: 2002 Kia Rio sub+port firing upwards in the trunk (gee, wonder why it broke :D)

at the time it was somewhat scary, making the call to the g/f, uhmm.. baby... your trunks broke... lol

i look back and laugh though, i still have the busted latch sittin in my toolchest @ the house :D

lol id probably hang the latch up sumwhere and say look what my sub did.

I did the same thing to my 05 mazda 6 S-hatch. The car was new and only had a few thousand miles on it. Needless to say I wasn't real happy.

that's why the GTI hasn't got a system yet. :(

**I broke mine running two solo x 10's and two zx2500.1's about a 153-54 sealed on the dash :D

my ETC has an electric trunk release with one of those "slow pull down" motor deals. It popped a few time with the HDC315/XXX-6500D Also snapped my rear view mirror off and proceeded to spider the living hell out of the chipped windshield to the point it HAD to be replaced... All in all my $500~ sub/amp combo cost me about $900 in car repairs...

Ouch! Just a little sheetmetal stress!