madmaxz

Loudest Sealed 12's

I need 2 12's for a daily sealed app. loud as hell and sound really really good doing it. i will buy a amp after subs so i get the recommended power. heres what im looking at

2 FIQ W/ proper power

2 RESE

2 SSA icons

2 ID15

2 AA havocs

2 DC lvl 3

2 RD audio Sonance 12'S

2 IA lethal injection series 12s

Thanks fellas

i'd start this thread with crossing off RD, based off their customer service alone! I've heard some very "scary" stories about them that even involved harrasement and threats.

This question is kinda hard to answer. I guess pick the most efficient ones with the best power handling?

i think the aa havocs would be the loudest but i hear they are low end monsters how would that affect SQ of rock/jazz/clasic type music? i know my Electronic/trance would sound good.

I need 2 12's for a daily sealed app. loud as hell and sound really really good doing it. i will buy a amp after subs so i get the recommended power. heres what im looking at

2 FIQ W/ proper power

2 RESE

2 SSA icons

2 ID15

2 AA havocs

2 DC lvl 3

2 RD audio Sonance 12'S

2 IA lethal injection series 12s

Thanks fellas

The AA havocs are known to be shockingly loud sealed. The RD Sonance is also an excellent choice. Just because their customer service is bad doesn't mean their products are. If you know what your doing and don't misuse or abuse the subs past their threshold, chances are you'll never have to call customer service anyway. I've personally heard an RD Audio setup and was impressed by it. Treo audio's customer service is also bad, however their products are top notch. My number 1 choice on your list and also what I would personally go with in a sealed setup are the 2 AA havocs. Trust me, get those. People have hit mid 140s with just 1 12 sealed!

Edited by Jysoe

I'd see if you can get a little more info on IA's KOB series, from my understanding getting loud in a sealed enclosure is what they are designed for.

I'd see if you can get a little more info on IA's KOB series, from my understanding getting loud in a sealed enclosure is what they are designed for.

Not sure what you mean.

Not sure what you mean.

Incriminator Audio King of Bass series woofers. They designed them for Tommie Mckinne. There is a little info floating around here or email Nick.

Yes Bromo is right, if you can get some more info on the IA KOB series will be great, I've heard his truck at the SBN this year and it was very very loud, I don't know how much difference it was when he was using the RE SE's.

the IA KOB was very loud and sound good doing it, I know they are rated 1000Wrms more I don't know.

The KOB's get real nasty in sealed enclosures, but they also work very well in ported apps

3" flat wound coil, shorten motor with 2 larger slugs instead of 3 like the DR.

Just what I know

Call or Email IA, they are made in 12" 15" and 18", and don't hold me to this but, I think the mounting depth is 6.5" and they work in .75 - 1.4 cuft3 sealed

I could help you , but only if you reside in the great state of Tennessee

i looked into the havocs and got a quote of $320 each i want to try some cheaper options first. im leaning toward 2 IA lI's or 2 Icons or 2 SE's (cheapest) which are in my price range at the moment.

i looked into the havocs and got a quote of $320 each i want to try some cheaper options first. im leaning toward 2 IA lI's or 2 Icons or 2 SE's (cheapest) which are in my price range at the moment.

RE Audio makes awesome stuff. Being you want to go cheaper, I'de also look into the 2 Icons or 2 IA LI's. I'm not sure about the LI's sealed though. The SE's are good, but wouldn't be as loud as your other choices. The SE's are much better ported. The SE's ported wouldn't even be able to touch the AA Havoc's sealed.

Edited by Jysoe

The SE's ported wouldn't even be able to touch the AA Havoc's sealed.

^^^ This is heavily dependent on the install.

The SE's ported wouldn't even be able to touch the AA Havoc's sealed.

^^^ This is heavily dependent on the install.

As a blanket statement actually that was just wrong.

So, 2x Se's Ported wouldn't be louder than 2x Havocs Sealed?, then why did Tommy use SE, he could ed use havocs instead.