jcarter1885

amp for highs

i will be running 6-eminence alpha-6c's(4ohms,100rms) and 2-boss audio tweeters tw12(4ohms,50-75rms) and im confused as to which 4-channel amp to get considering the 50.4 looks as if it only has the hpf going up tp 3,000hz on two channels only and wondering if im reading it wrong. is the 100.4 the same as well or is their a special way to use the 50.4 in my application. two channels will have two eminence's on them each and the other two channels will have one eminence and boss tweeter each. if i get the 50.4, channel 1&2 will be dedicated to eminence and boss tweeter, while im confused on how to run the two eminence setup on channel 3&4 with the hpf only going to a certain range.

You can't. If you run a mid and tweeter on the same channel you have to have passive crossovers between the amp and speaker.

You can't. If you run a mid and tweeter on the same channel you have to have passive crossovers between the amp and speaker.

well right now on my profile ap1040 amp, i currently run on two channels (one eminence 6.5" and one boss tweeter combination) all ran on the hpf at 1.2k hz cuz thats the highest frequency range on that amp but my tweeters have bass blockers on them. so should i switch that up have on ch. 1 both tweeters and ch. 2 both eminence's, appreciate the help

well right now on my profile ap1040 amp, i currently run on two channels (one eminence 6.5" and one boss tweeter combination) all ran on the hpf at 1.2k hz cuz thats the highest frequency range on that amp but my tweeters have bass blockers on them. so should i switch that up have on ch. 1 both tweeters and ch. 2 both eminence's, appreciate the help

You are high passing your mids at 1200hz???

Ouch!

You have a lot of things a bit confused in your setup. I'd take a step back.

You MUST run your tweeters and mids on different channels of the amplifiers, doing the separation with an off the shelf passive choke is NOT going to work for shit. Knowing impedance of your drivers and a bit more detail would really help make decisions, but no matter what you are in a bit over board. There are much better ways to get output than just throwing a crap ton of drivers in your car. Since you have them we can help, but we need details. I would suggest posting though before buying anything as your current plan really won't work very well.

rant/ BTW, no such thing as a rear stage. You may have rears, but no rear stage. Just like subs, there is no substage. /rant

<!--quoteo(post=523988:date=Jun 2 2009, 02:50 PM:name=jay-cee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jay-cee @ Jun 2 2009, 02:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=523988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=523811:date=Jun 2 2009, 06:39 AM:name=KU40)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KU40 @ Jun 2 2009, 06:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=523811"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can't. If you run a mid and tweeter on the same channel you have to have passive crossovers between the amp and speaker.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are high passing your mids at 1200hz???

Ouch!

You have a lot of things a bit confused in your setup. I'd take a step back.

You MUST run your tweeters and mids on different channels of the amplifiers, doing the separation with an off the shelf passive choke is NOT going to work for shit. Knowing impedance of your drivers and a bit more detail would really help make decisions, but no matter what you are in a bit over board. There are much better ways to get output than just throwing a crap ton of drivers in your car. Since you have them we can help, but we need details. I would suggest posting though before buying anything as your current plan really won't work very well.

rant/ BTW, no such thing as a rear stage. You may have rears, but no rear stage. Just like subs, there is no substage. /rant

The tweeters are 4ohms, 50-100 rms, 5-20,000hz. The midranges are 4 ohms, 100 rms, 81-5,500hz.

Yeah just those two channels with the combination of mid and tweeter were set at 1,200hz, the other two channels were high passed at 150hz. i switched a pair of tweeters that were wired to my factory speaker wire with those mid-ranges, now the first two channels are a pair of tweeters each (high passed at 1,200hz until i get a better amp with a higher frequency range).i do appreciate the input and the sound quality is completely better, the tweeters could be better but need another amp. now that i got this input, i will have no problem tweaking the 50.4 with my setup.

thanks for .02