bachman101

12" FI Q vs. 12" FI BL (Daily Use) vs 2 12" Alpine type

I used to have 2 12" alpine type R's but my amp blew and i sold them. Now i loved the type r's they hit really hard, but the box they were in was 3.2 cubic feet sealed. Horrible i know but i didnt know anything about car audio when i bought the box. Anyway the only thing i didnt like was the fact that they couldnt keep up with my techno music so i want something that will sound awesome will all types of music and be as loud if not louder than the type R's. I want a 60/40 sq/spl ratio. I've boiled it down to those 3 subs. I will probably be putting 1200 rms to either setup and its going in a 93' honda prelude. help!

I used to have 2 12" alpine type R's but my amp blew and i sold them. Now i loved the type r's they hit really hard, but the box they were in was 3.2 cubic feet sealed. Horrible i know but i didnt know anything about car audio when i bought the box. Anyway the only thing i didnt like was the fact that they couldnt keep up with my techno music so i want something that will sound awesome will all types of music and be as loud if not louder than the type R's. I want a 60/40 sq/spl ratio. I've boiled it down to those 3 subs. I will probably be putting 1200 rms to either setup and its going in a 93' honda prelude. help!

I'd recommend the BL for you.

Yep, not even close. BL.

A quick read of the threads in my sig will help you...

Alright sounds good. Now what options should i select? Is the cooling and the flatwind absolutly necessary? What EXACTLY will it change/affect.

Well im going with stock electrical so if i cant find a good deal on either a RF t10001bd or a alpine pdx 1.1000 or a jl slash 1000/1 then im going to buy new and get the alpine mrp-m1000. so get the cooling and daily or just throw in the flatwind for the heck of it in case i want to go with a 1500 rms amp?

I'd recommend the BL for you.

x2

it's never bad to have headroom for more power...

Edited by Earsplitter

I'd Get It Daily Fully Loaded, You Won't Be Dissapointed.