Sign in to follow this  
detonnation

OK I ordered the Fi Q 12" 2ohm sub with Bp

I figured I might as well get the Bp, even though my mono amp only has 600w into 2ohm, not 1 ohm compatible. Maybe it would explode idk? Anyways I hope I got it right... I hook this up in parallel correct?

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing how good this thing is. Im all about SQ, not looking to warp the windshield like some of the vids. hehe

Mike

If it's one sub dual 2ohm, you will only be able to wire to 1ohm or 4ohm. If you have 2 you can wire to .5 or 2ohm.

I read your post as one sub and that would not be what you want

wire it at 4 ohms.

idk wat ur amp puts out a 4 ohms but it wont be that much if it only puts out 600 at 2 ohms.

you need to get an amp thats 1 ohm stable for that sub.

:Doh: But this ins't a completly bad situation! You could introduce yourself to Sundown!

wire it at 4 ohms.

idk wat ur amp puts out a 4 ohms but it wont be that much if it only puts out 600 at 2 ohms.

No probelem there. While there is no such thing as "underpowering" it may leave a little to be desired.

Not exactly true. A watt is a watt is a watt. Does not need to be 1 ohm stable. 4ohm stable is fine.

Happy bumping!

Edited by DeepSubBoy

wire it at 4 ohms.

OK so I need to get the 1 ohm version?

Thanks.

Mike

:Doh: But this ins't a completly bad situation! You could introduce yourself to Sundown!
wire it at 4 ohms.

No probelem there. While there is no such thing as "underpowering" it may leave a little to be desired.

Not exactly true. A watt is a watt is a watt. Does not need to be 1 ohm stable. 4ohm stable is fine.

Happy bumping!

well its probably gona be easier to find a 1 ohm stable with good power.

thats what i was tryin to say lol.

in your case you can have a 1 ohm stable or 4 ohm stable amp for your sub.

hey if you want to run the subwoofer to a 1ohm load you need to buy the dual 2ohm sub. a dual 2ohm sub will run at either a 1 ohm load or a 4ohm load based on how you wire it. A dual 1ohm sub will run at .5ohm or a 2ohm load. So if your buying an amp to run a 4ohm load get the dual 2ohm sub

He wants final load of 2ohm. he needs dual 1 coils if he is only running one sub.

I bought the same because my amps are only 2ohm stable, but I have one on each dual 1 coil woofer. That way when I hook up a one stable amp, I can get 1 ohm when they are both wired together to one amp.

Scott switched it so its one ohm... but now I was reading about the Bp option which I got, he mentioned on another thread that you lose a little SQ with the option, and Id rather have the SQ. So I emailed him again to see if I could get rid of it.. hehe. Im a pita. I think its my last thing... Anyhow I didnt read anywhere it saying with the Bp you lose some SQ.

But Ive seen the videos on Youtube with the window and metal of the car rolling from the sub. Funny stuff. Though I dont need that. Maybe a lil roll. :)

Mike

Sign in to follow this