jj1479

Audio control Epic-160 DSP, voltage/SPL meter

Was wondering if anyone has one and how accurate is the db meter? Is it worth playing around with.

I seen that they made a couple of different models with the spl meter.

Not so accurate, I have played with one a little bit. I wasn't impressed.

it's cool for a reference, but it's gonna be in the wrong location for one, and it's an audiocontrol for two.... I think all ORGS use termlabs these days...

I have had one for a year or so. If the temperature is moderate it reads dead on with the big audio control mics, The hotter it is the higher it reads. I had it reading 161 the other day. My car does 150 on the big mics.

As for the volt meter it reads about .9 - 1 volt high.

As far as the bass enhancer sounds. It is unhooked. Need I say more.

Edit: I just read what I wrote and Realized I was a bit harsh. The bass enhancer feature didn't work well for me because I think I had it hooked up wrong. I had the rca's hooked up to the sub pre outs and not the full range is what was wrong I heard. Plus bass enhancement is the last thing my system needs.

And I had it mounted by a heater vent so it got real hot when the heat was on and I got high readings.

Edited by alvitae

Ok i was going to buy one to mess around for fun but at $199 i'll hold off for now. Thanks

It was worth the money to me though, I compete but don't have a term-lab and it helped immensely with tuning in my amps and box placement and what frequencies songs hit best with.

This car I wired it to a cigarette lighter plug and mounted it with velcro so I can put it in friends cars.

i looked at them before buying my termlab..

i found that it was some where around 9 DB off....

but it is great for gauging your increase as you tweek your system for the lane.