I have an '04 focus Sedan and I want more midbass. I currently have some walmart pioneer 6x8s in the doors but I just bought some MLI65s and some peerless 2" fullrangers and I figured while I am taking the doors apart I should probably fix the giant holes. My doors look like this: http://www.reversestress.com/other/FocusDoorb4_293.jpg. Well not exactly, mine are red and they still have a bunch of foam on them. But anyway, my midbass sucks. How do I cover up these holes so I can better separate the back wave from the front wave? Oh, and I just bought an SAX100.4 to power them.

I'd opt for fiberglass. If not, some poly sheeting, sheetmetal or plywood.

Big panels of mdf are going to be too heavy.

Im in the same boat, but I have no problem with the 'how', just the why do it? Ive read to seal it, but the door becomes no where to sealed after the hole is covered. Soo is there any other reason?

get some 1/8" masonite and cover the holes in the door male sure to use silicone or other sealant to stop vibration then cove inside and out with deadner to make it more solid that will help alot I didn't think it would until I tried it I couldn't believe the difference

For mine, Im thinking 2 of the 2mm sheets of plexiglass bonded together. Lightweight, relatively easy to cut, sturdy enough to anchor it with screws, $10 max, and I can see through it.

get you some of the-xtc-off of ebay---you can get them in 6x8--and do a --6x8-to-6.5--thats what i have in my doors of my 98 explorer i have a set of 6.5'' treo-comp's- in my doors off a mmats sq4070--and love the midbass

Edited by just1moreamp

get you some of the-xtc-off of ebay---you can get them in 6x8--and do a --6x8-to-6.5--thats what i have in my doors of my 98 explorer i have a set of 6.5'' treo-comp's- in my doors off a mmats sq4070--and love the midbass

link maybe

Im in the same boat, but I have no problem with the 'how', just the why do it? Ive read to seal it, but the door becomes no where to sealed after the hole is covered. Soo is there any other reason?

Why is easy. Do you want midbass? If you say yes, you need to do your best to seal all the backwave from the frontwave of the driver. The better the seal the better, sure it may not be perfect but it is a hell of a lot better than those gaping holes.