eric77

goin active

I am thinking about getting a 4ch amp a set of mids and tweets and then running everything active. I'll probably get a next 4ch amp that 80rmsx 4 and then a pair of eD eu650 mids and possibly this lgm tweeter http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/in...2.15092&pid=635 The tweeter is supposed to be very similar to one used by jl and diamond on the original hex's that were made in germany. Total cost comes out to under 250 for everything. How do you guys think it would sound? Would everything work fine? Let me know of any recommendations you may have. Thanks.

Eric

If you're going active, it would be in your best interests to go with a 3-way setup. Dedicated midrange and midbass drivers will be a world better than trying to mix the 2. It can be done, but it will take a rather pricey driver to get the most. The most important thing to consider here is the install and flexibility of the crossover. A good EQ will also be a necessity.

Im going active:

tri amped DLS 8.3 components

Pioneer DEX-p9/DEQ-p9

Diamond audio D7 6ch (50x6@12V)

hmm...wonder what 14V will bump it up to

If you're going active, it would be in your best interests to go with a 3-way setup.  Dedicated midrange and midbass drivers will be a world better than trying to mix the 2.  It can be done, but it will take a rather pricey driver to get the most.  The most important thing to consider here is the install and flexibility of the crossover.  A good EQ will also be a necessity.

Would going active with a 2way w/o an equalizer be as good or better than going passive in a regualr comp set though? I can do it for significantly less and I assumed it would work well. Fill me in if I'm wrong though.

It will work, but to get the most advantageous benefit of going active, I'd recommend it.

It will work, but to get the most advantageous benefit of going active, I'd recommend it.

at the moment I am just trying to keep it as low cost as possible with some awesome sq. Although I wont be gettin the most from it do you think it would still be better than passive?

Im going active:

tri amped DLS 8.3 components

Pioneer DEX-p9/DEQ-p9

Diamond audio D7 6ch (50x6@12V)

hmm...wonder what 14V will bump it up to

You, or your brother? J/W...it confuses me so often.

NG

Me, but this is a joint project. Supa has been helping me out.

Still have a lot of work to do, as I dont yet have all the gear in my posession. I'm taking my time on this one. Eventually*, I'd like to get into competition.

*once I start earning more money.

heres what I have planned at the moment

cdt tw24 tweets

eD eu mids

NEXT vr 2.400 for mids

NEXT 2.200 for tweets

fmod to hp the mids @ 70hz

What do you guys think? It comes out to just under 300 for both amps, mids tweets and the fmod.

I just learned that I can hp my mids off of my h/u so I will be doing that rather than using an fmod. This is cheaper and IMO should be a better solution as it will allow for more flexibility. I will run one rca from the sub out to the nine1 and one rca to the next 2.400 from the h/u. then, since my h/u only has 2 rca outs I will daisy chain a shorter rca to the second next amp. This sound good?

As for amps I am going to be getting a NEXT vr 2.200 and a NEXT vr 2.400. These amps are handmade in Italy in the audison factory and are supposed to be great. I will be using the crossovers they have for now, until I can upgrade my h/u to something along the lines of an eclipse 8454 or 8053. The vr 2.400 will power the eu650 mids at 160wx2 and the vr 2.200 will power the tw-24 tweets at up to 90wx2 rms, although they will obviously get nowhere near this.

I guess thats all the ideas I have for now. What do you think? any coments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

it sounds good so far, I am interested to hear your take on the NEXT amps

it sounds good so far, I am interested to hear your take on the NEXT amps

I'm about to place my order. I am just waiting on the exact amount shipped then i will paypal him and begin the wait...

I just ordered the amps

:jump::jump::jump:

I cant wait for these things to get here. :hyper:

I think Im going to get the wiring today as well and maybe the tweeters too. You guys think the cdt tw 24 will be good? It supposed to be the upgrade over the tw 25.

I am not talking mess I am serious with my question..........why would there be a difference in sq by going from passive to active?

I just bought a coustic xm6 :woot

I got eD mids, next amps, cdt tw 24 tweets, coustic xm6, new run of 1/0, ditro block, and all those other wiring goodies.

:jump::jump: