I wanted to find out the best location for a line driver... (here by reffered to as LD)

by that I mean is there benifits of having the LD close to the HU unit?

or close to the amps?

for example in my truck amps sit in the rear

:huh:

beign a line driver, i wouldn't think it would matter where it's at..adn if anything, closer to the amp..i mean say it's a 16volt unit...regardless of what goes in (say 5 volts) it comes out 16 right??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well this would be for my truck, I have over 22' of RCA's to run, and I have always had my Overdrive up front, but there has been many pro spl installs where the overdrive or matrix is in the rear

as always, and no offense intended:

Install it upfront, get the amps setup and get a proper burp on the sensor.

Then, without changing any settings, rewire the LD at or nearto the amps, burp again. If there is a gain, keep it there.

Alot of questions on equipment theory come down to whatever is louder on the sensor / mic. As always, test & worship the TL's results. :D

as always, and no offense intended:

Install it upfront, get the amps setup and get a proper burp on the sensor.

Then, without changing any settings, rewire the LD at or nearto the amps, burp again. If there is a gain, keep it there.

Alot of questions on equipment theory come down to whatever is louder on the sensor / mic. As always, test & worship the TL's results. :D

What do you know? I was wondering where you've been. The JBL is supposed to arrive today. ;)

as usual, Nickypoo is right, I need to find some female to female RCA connectors and rewire it in the back