Sign in to follow this  
owenmakenna

bass off competiton

ok everyone I just installed my 2 - 12" fi Bl's running off a RF 2000.1 ....Tomorrow (6-17-09) there is a local car show thrown by a radio station in my city and i would like to enter into the "bass-off" and "bass-race"competition.

this will be my first time doing any competition like this and i would like some advice on how i should approach it: such as .....should i play music or use like a bass cd or even use like a test tone cd. am i supposed to have the windows up or down? (i have a ported box BTW) i have a 2005 impala ss...should i fold the rear seats down? i know it seems like alot of questions but i figure this is the best place to get some honest answers. Thanx everyone.

dont get to crazy with the volume knob is probably the best advice i can give you. check, recheck, and tripple check all your wiring and amp settings. windows up or down depends alot on the vehicle, so that is something a termlab or your ears will have to determine. seat down is usually louder as well.

dont get to crazy with the volume knob is probably the best advice i can give you. check, recheck, and tripple check all your wiring and amp settings. windows up or down depends alot on the vehicle, so that is something a termlab or your ears will have to determine. seat down is usually louder as well.

and what do u think i should play as far a music, tones, etc.

what is your box tuned to?

tuned to: 33hz (as recommended on the Fi website)

selections are endless as to what you can play....anything that gets loud on your system.

thanks for the advice i got a few tracks i can play.... (some jeezy, e-40, bass mekanik, etc.)

GL!

thanks - knowing the local bass addicts around my area means i will be facing some kicker l7"s or some alpine type R's so i shouldnt have too much of a competition. this is only a local car show any how not like its a car audio show you know? it will be a great learning experience. Thank you to everyone who replied for their input on the questions that i had. :clap:

Good luck, I am curious on how well it will go. Post your results and what you may have done better / different. I am in the same boat, I am hoping to jump into these competitions with a single woofer (still determining size based off of my budget).

Edited by Hell-Razor

Good luck, I am curious on how well it will go. Post your results and what you may have done better / different. I am in the same boat, I am hoping to jump into these competitions with a single woofer (still determining size based off of my budget).

i definetly will post my results

Since you don't know your peak frequency, I'd just play a tone sweep that goes from like 80-30 hz or something. They have them on a lot of bass cds. As for windows up or down and backseats up or down, that depends on the rules of the organization that's throwing the competition. You'll have to check when you get there. Most of the time your system will be louder with a window down or door open a little, normally the driver's side is better since the mic is on the passenger side. It will also be louder with the seat down.

Since you don't know your peak frequency, I'd just play a tone sweep that goes from like 80-30 hz or something. They have them on a lot of bass cds. As for windows up or down and backseats up or down, that depends on the rules of the organization that's throwing the competition. You'll have to check when you get there. Most of the time your system will be louder with a window down or door open a little, normally the driver's side is better since the mic is on the passenger side. It will also be louder with the seat down.

thank you for the advice i have a few bass cds with these tone sweeps that you mentioned. i will post my results later tomorrow or so.

Burp each one with a mic on.

if your looking for a rap/hip-hop song the most bass comes from

Dem Homicide Boys-Bitch Get Off My Nuts

I dont like the song but the bass is undeniable. I seriously doubt this will be good for a comp, but it is fun to see just how hard your subs can hit. Be careful though I blew a pyle 500rms in just a few seconds with this lol

Edited by SWISHER

Sign in to follow this