Sign in to follow this  
tech2332

New Amp Problems

Alright, so I got my amp yesterday (Diablo Audio Technologies 1000.1) and it's great, except for one problem. Every time I turn on the truck, about 5 min. later the amp turns off and a blue light (alarm) on the amp goes on, even if I don't have it that loud. Can somebody tell me what might be the cause?

P.S.- There is only one L.E.D. and Red means On/Power

Blue means Alarm

Low voltage? Over heating? Wired too low?

You're not giving us much to go on here.

It ain't low voltage, And I have it wired to 2 Ohms so it's a 1 ohm stable amp so it's not wired low, overheating...i'm not sure.(My MTX amp never shut off on me and my new amp is in the same spot-under the driver seat.) Is there anything else that might be the culprit. (All my wiring is the same i did a direct swap with my MTX Amp.)

Try taking the amp out from under the seat, then turn the truck on and let it play. See if it turns off. That'll let you know if it is overheating under the seat. It might have tighter tolerances to trip the overheating protection circuitry than your MTX did. Or poorer cooling mechanisms.

I took out the amp and brought it inside my house to let it cool then put it back in the truck and I noticed that I was wrong about the L.E.D. Light.(I had it backwards on original post)

Blue=Power

Red=Alarm

So all it does is flash (Dims) on a blue light. While the truck was on I took out the remote wire and put it in and it turned on blue steadily then it starts to dim. RCA's and all wiring on the amp is correct. Has the power light ever started dimming when truck was on to anybody?

Also if this helps any I have a 60 Amp Fuse in the hood and this amp has 3 40 Amp fuses. (1 Ohm Stable, wired to 2 ohms). Should I get better fusing under the hood?

4 Gauge Power and Ground. But the amp doesn't play at all it, the blue power light just dims on and off.

Should I replace the fuse and fuseholder?

Edited by tech2332

If the fuse was too small, it would have popped by now.

Go get a DMM and check your voltage at the battery, before the fuse, after the fuse and at the amp.

Post those numbers here.

12.68 At Battery - Truck Off

14.2 At Battery - Truck on

7.45 At Amp Leads (Doesn't look good here)

Edited by tech2332

I just found out what it was!!! My ground was loose. :suicide-santa:

Thanks Jonecon2001 for the help. I'll post pics up later of my new amp. Man Diablo Audio Technologies is great!

I'll get pics as soon as I go buy a camera today or tomorrow. I let my Sister-In-Law borrow my old one and she accidentally ran it over. :( ...I guess it was time to upgrade anyways.

Edited by tech2332