I was just wondering what are you guys's thoughs on the following brands of amps.

US Acoustic

Memphis

Hifonics

MA Audio

Infinity

And wich one would you trust the most.

I was just wondering what are you guys's thoughs on the following brands of amps.

US Acoustic

Memphis

Hifonics

MA Audio

Infinity

memphis

The others are just decent bargain amps.

oh yea...there is a coupon code for that MB Quart amp.

$315 with it

US Acoustic

Memphis

Hifonics

MA Audio

Infinity

The older US Acoustic stuff is nice.

Memphis would be my choice out of the list ... solid products.

Hifonics ... depends on the model.

MA Audio works fine.

Never worked with the Infinity items.

Memphis and US Acoustics are the ones I would trust,

All are good if used properly.

Phoenix Gold Xenon X1200.1 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2749.html

Hifonics BX1500D http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_360.html

Memphis MC1000D http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3002.html

MA Audio HK401SX http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2695.html

US Acoustic USG3000D http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1744.html

I want to know if MA Audio will be able to put out the rated RMS, if not, i will scratch it out. I just cant choose between all of these, it will be for 2 rl-p 12's

if you are getting the D2's then you need an amp that powers at 2 ohms mono, example MTX 1501 or RF 1501, but if your getting the D4's, you need an amp that powers full at 1 ohm mono

if it was me, I'd get the memphis mc1000d, pg x1200, or an eD nine.1, which is what i am currently running.

HOW CAN I FORGET!! Nine.1 :) but idk, i hear all sorts of things about them.

im between the memphix,pg,nine.1

HOW CAN I FORGET!! Nine.1 :) but idk, i hear all sorts of things about them.

it's mainly chit that happened in the past and then a good amount of the usual internet bullsh*t. I am not exactly fond of Ben, but the other guys I have talked to are all very mellow guys and you can't exactly knock the equipment; afterall, they have almost nothing to do with its production so who cares if they can;t build for chit. :)

They really try to make up for their past fudge ups with their cs which has been great in my experience.

Back in CAC people said eD were POS. I know now they are getting better, but i still have some time to chose between those 3.

Back in CAC people said eD were POS. I know now they are getting better, but i still have some time to chose between those 3.

I never heard that one about the amps. I have yet to see anyone that actually owns one have any complaints about it.

I just heard their questionable.

ben is questionable...he had some issues some time ago..and he has nothign to do with the amps design or build as far as iknow..the nine.1, if in stock (DO NOT PREORDER FROM BEN!!) would be a good choice...i can't remember who actually builds them..avionxx perhaps??

the memphis amp..well, u can't go wrong there period. very solid amp..small footprint and plenty of power. i miss my st1000d (different color chrome and logo then mc1000d)

the pg is a good buy, but would probably be my last choice of the three...and only because of looks mostly. the xenon series amps are better decent from what lil experience i have with them...

i'd also recommend the new kicker kx1200.1, it's 1 ohm stable, solid built and underrated.

and hifonics isn't bad, maybe a lil overrated, but hte bx1500d would be plenty on a pair of rl-p's

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

People tell me the bx1500 is under rated, power wise. I wish i can get that kicker, but i dont have $700 for an amp, max is around $400

ben is questionable...he had some issues some time ago..and he has nothign to do with the amps design or build as far as iknow..the nine.1, if in stock (DO NOT PREORDER FROM BEN!!) would be a good choice...i can't remember who actually builds them..avionxx perhaps??

You're pretty much right on. Ben claims he designed the amps and then avionixx's parent company builds them for him, but it seems to me that eD told them exactly what they wanted and avionixx's parent company (cant recall the name) designed and built them. They are basically un upgraded avionixx with a 3 yr warranty and none of the problems that they had. The nines.1's should be in stock again and eD has done away with misleading preorders. ;)

BTW, kicker kx 1200.1's can be found for around 400 and an orion 1200d would be 375 shipped with warranty through hccafan.

People tell me the bx1500 is under rated, power wise. I wish i can get that kicker, but i dont have $700 for an amp, max is around $400

overrated not underrated. The orion, eD, and kicker are underrated.

Well, i just found a good dealer that sells for VERY cheap near me, about 40 minutes from me. They have the HiFonics line and the Phoenix Gold line, and they also got Kicker, but none of the high-end products like the kx1200.1, they also got orion, but nothing over 1000 watts rms. I was looking at the Hifonics Hifonics BX1605D and the PG Xenon, those are the only really only good amps they have, from the orion line the best they got is the 2500D but it says Call for price, so id imagine no less than $700.

I hear from several people that the new BX1605D(1600x1 @1ohm) does 1648wrms, they tested 5 amps, and none of them went lower than that.

I might just end up getting that, or the kx1200.1 i dont want to get something to eye catchy, since were i live, nothing lasts in your car/house.