b_runz

Rl-p 15 and ed nine.1

I am currently in the mood to upgrade my system. Partly because i blew my amp and partly cuz i have add and i've had my current setup for over a year now. but anyways i was thinking of gettin a Rl-p 15 and an nine.1 to push it and droppin it in a 2.5 cuft box after displacement tuned to 25 hertz. what do you guys think. Or schould i wait and look at the lmt drivers?

I am currently in the mood to upgrade my system. Partly because i blew my amp and partly cuz i have add and i've had my current setup for over a year now. but anyways i was thinking of gettin a Rl-p 15 and an nine.1 to push it and droppin it in a 2.5 cuft box after displacement tuned to 25 hertz. what do you guys think. Or schould i wait and look at the lmt drivers?

well i think you're gonna be like me then...you are not going to optimize the full power of the amp cus its gonna be a dual 4 ohms sub...

look into a mono amp that will give u ful power at 2 ohm mono if u want to optimize the amp...

i guess you can argue that it will be cleaner being only at 2 ohm instead of 1...

just lettin u know...

yeah, as mentioned, all rl-p 15's are now dual4..unless u can find a used one somewhere..u won't get a d2..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the nine.1 does 900w @ 2 ohm? doesn't it?

IMO 900w would be plenty for a single 15.

and 1200@1ohm? ya, 600a piece would be loud, but i would try for a bigger amp if you plan on going 2...

the nine.1 does 900w @ 2 ohm? doesn't it?

IMO 900w would be plenty for a single 15.

and 1200@1ohm? ya, 600a piece would be loud, but i would try for a bigger amp if you plan on going 2...

it's supposed to be a bit underrated, but I'd still go fro something that does 1500w + :D

you can find Kicker KX 1200's for a good price now, many of the refurbs are benching more power than the new ones

good luck getting a nine.1 anytime soon...

According to eD's newsletter today, they expect to ship out the NINe.1s on Thursday, May 5th (same day delivery).

.....same day delivery

I doubt that part highly as same day delivery could cost as much as $200 a package.

.....same day delivery

I doubt that part highly as same day delivery could cost as much as $200 a package.

What I meant to say, whenever eD receives the NINe.1s, they will ship it out to customers that particular day. Sorry to confuse anyone else.

i don't have the cash on me now but i'm positive a Rl-p 15 and a nine.1 is gonna be my next system. planning on it being in about 2.5 cubes after port and displacement tuned to 25 hertz i think. unless you all think i should put it in a different box.

i don't have the cash on me now but i'm positive a Rl-p 15 and a nine.1 is gonna be my next system. planning on it being in about 2.5 cubes after port and displacement tuned to 25 hertz i think. unless you all think i should put it in a different box.

i wanted mine tuned that low for so long, now that i have it that low...i think it's a little overkill :( my box is tuned @ 23hz. don't get me wrong it will POUND out some low notes...but how many songs do you know that go under 30? if i do it again i'm gonna tune around 30-33 with more port;)

so i should tune it to about 33 hertz and i was thinking around 46.5 sq in of prot

so i should tune it to about 33 hertz and i was thinking around 46.5 sq in of prot

For in-car, I'd say tune to 32 Hz with 35-40 sq in of port area on a 2.5 - 3 cu ft net volume enclosure.

For in-home, I'd raise the bar to 5.0 cu ft net volume, tuned down to 18-20 Hz with some 45-50 sq in of port area :woot:

thanks for the info now its time for my third favorite part of getting a new sub. designing the enclosure. third only to building the box and of corse everyones favorite, actually getting to hear you new sub in your car.