MattB

Adjusting amps..

ALright, I'm getting to the point of install. I am curious about the whole gain knob deal. I have always just turned it up to where it sounded good, and went on. I remember reading something about matching low level volts? So, anyway, my headunit is a whopping 2volts. - that goes to my Phoenix Gold EQ, which has a built in line driver, adjustable from 1 to 8 volts. Then, back at my Memphis amps, they are able to recieve between 1 and 4 volts. SO..gimmie a run down on how to get this stuff adjusted properly..or is there a link that could tell me and save somebody the typing?

jl audio has a tutorial..

i've always gone by ear...set the h/u where the loudest listening is done (usually about 3/4 of the h/u volume and this can be determined by playing a 1khz test tone, while playing the tone, turn up ur radio until it distorts..but wait, u are amping ur highs...n/m) and turn up the gain until i hear distortion, then bump it down a tad to lose the distortion...tada...set...

not the best way, but it works...

nick or ryan will be able to give ya the rundown on the proper way...

or someone..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks for the info guys.

Box is going just fine. Almost got it all done last night. Raining today, so have to wait til tomorrow. (my garage has too much other crap in it to work in there.)

No, im curious about his box dummy.

Here is a front and side 3/4 view of the box, with the goods....well, the goods, minus the sub, which is across the garage in a safe place.. :Dpost-703-1115249981_thumb.jpg

post-703-1115249993_thumb.jpg