Sign in to follow this  
explosivesound

Help Identify this sub

How much do you want for that??

I Was Going To Say The Same Thing When I First Saw It.

yeah! thats my sub! thanks for finding it, now just ship it back to me, lol, jk. looks impressive!

Well I spoke with RE and Atomic. THis is an atomic APX motor and basket with an 05 RE XXX Recone kit. The APX is rated for 5000rms but the XXX only 1600rms. Atomic said they will recone it correctly so it can handle power like its suppose to. However I am waiting to hear from where I bought this at to see If I can get a refund since they said it was completely RE. Then Im going to take the money and buy the Atomic APXX18 straight from atomic with a 4" coil and the motor is 1 inch bigger! If I dont get the refund Ill run it till it blows up and get it reconed by Atomic. Even if I dont get the APXX this should still get rediculous! Ill update this as soon as I find out tomorrow!

you should listen to it to see if you like it the way it is. the older xxx could handle more than 1600wrms an the apx doesn't need 5k to get moving. did you ask re how many an what type of spiders they used? they could have put more spiders on to increase mechnical power handling.

img0473q.jpgw2048.png

img0475aza.jpgw2048.png

img0474i.jpgw2048.png

Its a 6 spoke basket, motor says D1 +4 856, progreesive spider

i deff know that is a soundsplinter rlp 18 basket