Sign in to follow this  
SilkySmoove

Speaker whine from sub amp????

I am currently running a Kenwood eXcelon KAC-x40 for my comp set and I have had no issues with any whine or hum coming through my comps. However, yesterday after swapping out my SAE-1000 for the SAE-1200 I now have a whine in my comps when I plug the RCA's into it. With the volume at 0 the whine is still there. I think it is odd that I am getting a whine in my comps when plugging the RCA's into my sub amp. When I remove the RCA's from the SAE-1200 the whine goes away completely. Any insight into this would be more than appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Head Unit: Kenwood DNX-5120

4-Channel RCA's: JL Audio XB-CLRAIC4-18

2-Channel/Sub RCA's: JL Audio XB-CLRAIC2-18

Power & Ground: Kicker Hyperflex 0 gauge

how close or far apart are your to amps? o wiat you didnt' get the noise till you swapped from the 1000d to the 1200d? that is odd...

for some odd reason i was also getting a loud hum in my front and rear comps but then i moved the amp about 2ft away and the hum is gone!! score two points for me! or maybe it was just dumb luck lol! i also just about finished my new install lol! look forward to some pics!

how close or far apart are your to amps? o wiat you didnt' get the noise till you swapped from the 1000d to the 1200d? that is odd...

for some odd reason i was also getting a loud hum in my front and rear comps but then i moved the amp about 2ft away and the hum is gone!! score two points for me! or maybe it was just dumb luck lol! i also just about finished my new install lol! look forward to some pics!

My amps are practically side by side, and yea I did not notice the whine until swapping the 1000D out for the 1200D. I am at a loss as to what the issue could be......

I had this problem in an install i did and could not figure it out either. Turned out that when i put the paneling back on i pinched the rem and it grounded out and cost masive whine.

lol funny story my wine in my speakers came back! so i jsut moved my deck in and out like 0.1 of an inch and the wine-ing went right away! so now i know there is a problem with my pioneer premier deck!

Thanks for the replies!!!! I probably will not be able to get to this until the weekend, but I will post my findings.

You may have blown the pico fuse in the deck. I did it to my Pioneer a few weeks ago. Wrapped some copper wire around the RCA plugs to ground it and "fixed" it right up. More of a band-aid, but it works for me.

Once again, thanks for all of the replies. This weekend I did some investigating and testing. I tried the whole RCA ground thing to no avail, checked wiring, disconnected my antenna wire, etc. Still no results. The only way to get rid of the whine is to reduce the gain on the 1200D. The downside to this is not being able to get the output I desire by having the gain low enough to eliminate the whine. As a result of this my conclusion is that my RCA out voltage from my deck, Kenwood DNX-5120, is just too weak.

What do you all think about AudioControl products such as the Matrix, or Overdrive, to increase the pre-out voltage to my amps?

the best result is to change your ground in your engine bay area, whether its the alternator to engine block or cars frame. if your car is like mine and the alternator does not have a grond wire then change the wire leaving the engine block going to the cars frame with 1/0 gauge and make sure you scratch all the paint off till you get bare metal surface.

i had the whine problem for over three years, tried all the methods(grouding rcas, extra ground fro the head unit, moving amps, buying expensive rca's and going back to cheap rca's, buying different head units, then buying better amps) nothing seem to work completely. some of these tricks reduced the sound but it would still be noticeable until i cut the bass on. once i added the upgradedd ground have not had that problem in over a week since i did the process and im completely happy cuz thats been driving me crazy forever

the best result is to change your ground in your engine bay area, whether its the alternator to engine block or cars frame. if your car is like mine and the alternator does not have a grond wire then change the wire leaving the engine block going to the cars frame with 1/0 gauge and make sure you scratch all the paint off till you get bare metal surface.

i had the whine problem for over three years, tried all the methods(grouding rcas, extra ground fro the head unit, moving amps, buying expensive rca's and going back to cheap rca's, buying different head units, then buying better amps) nothing seem to work completely. some of these tricks reduced the sound but it would still be noticeable until i cut the bass on. once i added the upgradedd ground have not had that problem in over a week since i did the process and im completely happy cuz thats been driving me crazy forever

Thanks for the advice on upgrading the engine and alternator grounds, but I have already done that. Does anyone have any experience with the aforementioned AudioControl devices (Matrix, Epicenter, Overdrive)????

do not invest money in a line driver for your problem.

Both amps have the same input sensitivity.

If you have the other amp still, hook it back up and see if problem still exists or not.

cheap alternative is to replace rcas.

because the noise gets quieter the more the gain is turned down means you have unwanted noise seeping through the rcas. Focus on that only and nothing else.

do not invest money in a line driver for your problem.

Both amps have the same input sensitivity.

If you have the other amp still, hook it back up and see if problem still exists or not.

cheap alternative is to replace rcas.

because the noise gets quieter the more the gain is turned down means you have unwanted noise seeping through the rcas. Focus on that only and nothing else.

What is a good reputable brand of RCA's that you would recommend? I am currently using JL Audio, however they are not their top of the line model.

i'm not implying you are using bad quality rcas, just possible they have become damaged. It's also possible that the head unit is at fault.

Try ANY rcas, i dont care if they are for home audio use. Just run a set and see what happens.

i'm not implying you are using bad quality rcas, just possible they have become damaged. It's also possible that the head unit is at fault.

Try ANY rcas, i dont care if they are for home audio use. Just run a set and see what happens.

I got you man....calm down lol. I was not trying to be funny about anything.

Calm down? u got some nerve, I'm gonna come over there...

##$@^%^*%^*^&(

Oh wait... this isn't ca.com

I wasn't yelling, that's just me, strict humor to the point.

Calm down? u got some nerve, I'm gonna come over there...

##$@^%^*%^*^&(

Oh wait... this isn't ca.com

I wasn't yelling, that's just me, strict humor to the point.

Ha ha. It's all good. Now I just need to get my hands on another pair of RCA's to try out.

Sign in to follow this