Sign in to follow this  
Travo-18

Strapping 2 40.1's?

I have 2 40.1's and I intend on strapping them since I will be running 6 15's. Now I did some math and I was only able to come up with this for 6 15's,

series

6-D1 coils= .5ohm

6-D2 coils= .7ohm

parallel

6-D1 coils= .125

6-D2 coils= .167

Someone please correct it if I'm wrong but I dont think I can strap the amps up in either formation.

Is that the final impedance or is that the impedance per amp? Because you might be able to get away with the .5 taking in box rise as the final and def if that is the impedance per amp.

I have 2 40.1's and I intend on strapping them since I will be running 6 15's. Now I did some math and I was only able to come up with this for 6 15's,

series

6-D1 coils= .5ohm

6-D2 coils= .7ohm

parallel

6-D1 coils= .125

6-D2 coils= .167

Someone please correct it if I'm wrong but I dont think I can strap the amps up in either formation.

You could also do 1.33 with the 6-d1s which is .66 per amp & you should be fine.

series

6-D1 coils= .5ohm

6-D2 coils= .7ohm

parallel

6-D1 coils= .125

6-D2 coils= .167

You could also do 1.33 with the 6-d1s which is .66 per amp & you should be fine.

Really? Is that in series or parallel? I think I tried every which way possible. series, series/parallel, parallel..

Care to elborate?

series

6-D1 coils= .5ohm

6-D2 coils= .7ohm

parallel

6-D1 coils= .125

6-D2 coils= .167

Really? Is that in series or parallel? I think I tried every which way possible. series, series/parallel, parallel..

Care to elborate?

Thumper,

I think that JHughes is telling you that you can not only series wire the subs individually giving a 2 ohm load per sub, but you can then turn around and series wire a pair of subs to get to a single 4 ohm load per pair. You should end up with (3) 4 ohm subs for a 1.33333 ohm load or .67 per amp. I am going to do the same thing in my setup accept I have dual 2's. Let me know if this helps. It's the same concept as if you had a single VC subwoofer and wanted to run a bunch of them to a single amp or 2 strapped amps.

Edited by Goldtaz1