frosty42069

Need help with power application

Would i need a new battery and alternator to run 1500 watts...i have a rockfor fosgate 250.2 and have it bridged to 2 ohms i'm aware that i'm not suppose to do that but not too concerned about the amp i just need something to push the 10's behind my seat...but i am wanting to run a 1000 watt 1 channel amp to power a 15" Fi Q...please help

Why Would You Want To Run Two Generic 10"s And A Fi Q 15"? You Only Need The One 15".

Edit: The Make, Model, And Year Of Your Vehicle Would be Nice, Too.

Edited by BigCProductions99

Why Would You Want To Run Two Generic 10"s And A Fi Q 15"? You Only Need The One 15".

Edit: The Make, Model, And Year Of Your Vehicle Would be Nice, Too.

your probably right considering all i have is a regular cab GMC lol...quite a bit of bass for that small of and area... its 1995 GMC Sierra C1500 Stepside with a 4.3 liter v6...thanks for the input and if you could tell me anything else it would be appreciated

If your lights are dimming then get a better battery or get an extra battery. Have you done the big 3 wire upgrade?

if you are going to have 2 different sized subs in your car it is going to sound accoustically retarted even if you were to install a proper bandpass and low pass filter=)

You Might Be Okay With The Alt On That Motor. I'd Try To Get A Powermaster D5100, And Do The Big Three With 1/0.

This May Be A Tad Off Topic, But I'm Curious As To What Front Stage Components You Are Running...Or Coaxials, God Forbid.

...And Where The Hell Are You Planning To Put This 15" In A Standard Cab GMC? I Had Hell Trying To Get 2 Assassin 10"s In A Ported Box In My '94 Single Cab Shortbed Chevrolet Without Taking The Console Out. I'd Take That Utility Tray Out That's Behind The Seats If It Isn't Already Gone. That And Removing The Console, And Building A Box That Could Run Inbetween The Seats With An Integrated Console. Having The Driver More Forward Would Be Great In A True SQ App, Which I Know Isn't What You Are Doing, But It Does Significantly Improve A Soundstage. Plus, It's Great When You Make A Console With Cupholders That Can Fit A 32oz Gatorade Or A Monster BFC. :D

Edit: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. V6. :ehh:

Edited by BigCProductions99

/start thread hijack

Recipient: johnecon2001

Wtf Happened To H.A.T. Anyway?

/end thread hijack

:suicide-santa:

i'm gonna have to secure it in my front seat... because i'm not looking to make durastic changes...and i have eclipse components..btw i have a bench seat...i haven't got 1/0 gauge wire yet but plan to...i

Please post a pic when your done.

I have never seen anyone wall off one side of a single cab p/u. :Doh:

Good pair of 10's and a good amp or buy an extended cab. Just sayin.

Edit to add that this is just too damn funny. "i'm gonna have to secure it in my front seat... because i'm not looking to make durastic changes"

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

lol i've decided against it now...i'm gonna save my money and get a blazer first lol that will eliminate this issue completely...i'll stick with the tens until i'm capable of doing it to where i wont get out of my truck with equilibrium problems because i'm nearly deaf in my right ear and my left is fine haha

I Was Afraid That You Had A Bench Seat, I Was Thinking That The Whole Time.

S10 Blazer Or Fullsize K5 Like Mine, Just Wondering?

You Could Probably Get 4 Assassin 8"s Back There In A Wedge In That Truck. :wacky:

[probably just an s10...i can probably find one for about $3000 and most of them have 4.3s in them so i don't have to worry about a big drop in gas milage