Ok, i hooked up a friends new amp, a 10001, to his q. it sounded really good for about a week then started making like a rattling noise and i cant figure out what it is. i have the settings on the amp to gain half and the crossover at 50. does anyone know why it might have a rattling noice. its not the box. im almost positive its the subwoofer.

Check to see if the dust cap came loose.

Check to see if the dust cap came loose.

ok i will right now. and i forgot to add i pushed the subwoofer down to hear for gridning and anything but it moves smoothly

Are you sure the box has no leaks? Take the sub out and inspect it also.

well the cone crakced and the dustcap blew off.. why would this happen? cant the Q take like 1500 with bp power?

Nvm. The cone didnt crack it just blew the dustcap off. but still. what would cause this.

040757.jpg

took the car to go get food. found this on the floor board. i asume when he said it blew the dustcap off. it did ALOT more.

my friend went to get it repaired and the guy told him that fi just glued that piece in to seal a hole and when it came loose it blew threw the dustcap.

It happens. I blew the dust cap off of one of my Nightshades too.

i had the same excat problem on my fi q 18 and that aluminum peice is added with the bp. from my understanding it diverts air and ads surface area to help cool. contact scott at fi hes a good guy and will get it taken care of for you. and btw mine hit my roof and then the back seat but made a loud pop and thud when it happend. an jw but when was this sub purchased?

i have the settings on the amp to gain half and the crossover at 50.

Considering you want to work in the industry and you've been here as long as you have, you KNOW that "half gain" is NOT a valid setting. Also stating the crossover at 50 isn't very descriptive.

Sounds to me also like you guys are walloping on that sub. Classic case where a BL might have been a better choice and that the setup could very well be at fault.

Considering you want to work in the industry and you've been here as long as you have, you KNOW that "half gain" is NOT a valid setting. Also stating the crossover at 50 isn't very descriptive.

Sounds to me also like you guys are walloping on that sub. Classic case where a BL might have been a better choice and that the setup could very well be at fault.

i actually had my gains very conservatively set and never bottomed out nor over heated the sub. when i talked to scott he asked what equipment i was using in conjunction with it and what size box, what it was tunned to and what i had my subsonic set at and after the questions he said that it had nothing to do with me and was just a glueing issue. also i have had this same sub amp deck combo as i had when it blew up in my other truck and have been using it without problems for 4 and a half months now.

The only thing i did to his setup was hook the amp up. I didnt not tell him what to purchase. I would have told him to get a bl but he purchased everything on his own. I believe he bought the sub like a little over a year ago.