is the only difference between components with a tweeter in the middle of them and components with a seperate woofer and tweeter the positioning or does the seperate woofer provide better quality. I would also like to know what company has good components for around $150. any input is appreciated.

components are the ones with a seperate mid woofer and tweet. the others you are referring to, with the tweeter in the middle of the woofer, are called coaxials.

more info is need on your install to suggest any products.

components are the ones with a seperate mid woofer and tweet. the others you are referring to, with the tweeter in the middle of the woofer, are called coaxials.

sorry about that...i thought that was the case but when i searched for components coaxials came up as components as welll...anyway i am trying to determine if i should just get coaxials or components...i plan to mount them in the stock mounting locations....would placing a component woofer in the stock door mounting location and placing tweeters in another location provide significantly better sq?

sorry about that...i thought that was the case but when i searched for components coaxials came up as components as welll...anyway i am trying to determine if i should just get coaxials or components...i plan to mount them in the stock mounting locations....would placing a component woofer in the stock door mounting location and placing tweeters in another location provide significantly better sq?

Yes it does actually, aiming speakers on axis with your ears will significantly improve sound quality.

i'm going to mount the tweeter on a spot on the door pannel that is aimed upward towards the driver and passengers heads.... i need to find somewhere to mount the crossover though

Components are better. They don't have a hole in the center of the mid's cone and come with external crossovers. Coaxials also usually don't have a lowpass xover on the mid, which is needed, and if the tweeter has one it's just a -6db capacitor.