Miles

T-Line box for a Fi Bl 12

Well this is the first transmission line box i've ever built.. I read the tutorial yesterday on how to build one and didn't think it was that hard, so i built this one this morning in my spare time. Took about 2 hours to cut and assemble the box.. After getting it done i put it in a chevy s-10 blazer, with some kind of off brand amp pushing only about 300-400 (sad but that's all he had. Haha..). And with that little power running to it, everything flexes in his truck, and it's loud from 25hz all the way up to 60hz.. I'm very impressed with t-line boxes, and i find them easier to build than just regular ported box.. Haha..

Specs:

Fs of a D1 Fi Bl is 35.2

Box "port" is exactly 8.07 feet long with 78 square inches of constant port

The sub is inverted because the port is only 6 inches deep and the Fi has a mounting depth of 6.75". Doesn't hurt anything, just makes the box look sexier. Haha.. Now all he needs is to get an amp that'd do 700~900 at 2 ohms.. Does the Kenwood 9104D seem like good amp to get that kind of power out of?

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

32 ounce drink just chilllin in the port.. Haha..

DSC00505.jpg

Tell me what y'all think....

how much port do you have there nvm just seen it in the firt post

Edited by lil98cabrio

looks good, would just imagine that the extra power would translate into a hell of alot more flex!

the kenwood is extremely overrated...i have it. it overheats fast and shuts off (common problem with these amps) and sq is not too great, and worst part is it was bench tested at only 633 rms...weak sauce my friend

btw where did you read up on how to build the t-line??

the kenwood is extremely overrated...i have it. it overheats fast and shuts off (common problem with these amps) and sq is not too great, and worst part is it was bench tested at only 633 rms...weak sauce my friend

btw where did you read up on how to build the t-line??

quarter-wave.com and t-linespeakers.org are some good sites. I also just googled t lines, transmission line enclosures, and just read a bunch of forums. I might build one for my 12 just to see how it sounds ( well you can't see sound but whatever).

:drink40:

FINALLLYY!!!! Got it metered last night.. And clamped at the same time to see what the new RockfordFosgate Prime 500 would really do. Ran through the lanes and did a 137.2 legal on the dash at 40hz i believe. I prob could've done a 138 but did have time to test and tune.. The kid that i built this box for also got the new Prime 500 amp and when we clamped it, it did 501 watts with a 5 ohm impedence rise..

Pics will be up later of the amp..

Question? Suggestions?

Here's the new Rockford amp.. Birthsheet said 545 watts, clamped it at 501 watts with a 5 ohm rise.. I'm very impressed with this thing..

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00567.jpg