ingramk03

New setup, doesn't sound too good *pics*

I was getting the same numbers as u Duran, that's the first thing I double checked were the box figures. They are using bassbox pro. I was using the box calculator on the forum here. After you take off the sub displacements of .63 and the 45 angle and port you do get a little over 8 cubes. As far as the box tune I agree with you, but when I went back tothe shop and told them the box was too big, the showed me the printout, showing 33.18 Hz at 8.122 cubes.

The box isn't too big you just need more port. Oh and I would get new woofers as well :P

X2 more port and new woofers..comon don't be mean to the guy i bet he paid a nice penny for those 3 12inch subs. but if you can return them and get something different go for it!

I would, considering they run $529 a piece. i think you should keep it all Sundown, look up the Nightshade :)

Well the one's I got from them weren't even new... they were out of their demo car, they've had burps of 4000 watts each. So you're saying I didn't get my money's worth ($1050) for these subs? LOL

you paid about 350 per sub USED? and you can fit a 8cubic box in your vehicle...man take those back and get some Nightshade subs lol!!!

And $650 for the box, not counting labor, wire, etc........

WOW 650 for box build..have you ever build your own box? they aren't to hard to build but they do thak some time man! but 650$ shyt

You don't really need new subs, it sounds like the enclosure is the problem. You can throw a great sub in a bad enclosure and you get bad results. Where a "bad" sub in a great enclosure can work wonders

lol for 650$ i would have screwed with the box myself! lol

hell for 400$ i would have build it for you and shipped it from canada lol!!!

It did include the false floor, battery racks, etc. (I'm just trying to make myself feel like I didn't get ripped off, This is the first time in about 10 years I've let a shop do anything on my vehicles, I've always done it myself....I should have kept it that way, I guess.)

I was getting the same numbers as u Duran, that's the first thing I double checked were the box figures. They are using bassbox pro. I was using the box calculator on the forum here. After you take off the sub displacements of .63 and the 45 angle and port you do get a little over 8 cubes. As far as the box tune I agree with you, but when I went back tothe shop and told them the box was too big, the showed me the printout, showing 33.18 Hz at 8.122 cubes.

what the 45 angle? u mean 45s in the corners?

Yes, far opposite the port.

$650!! :suicide-santa:

That sucks. You should have built it yourself and asked people here for help to make sure you were doing everything right.

$650!! suicide-santa.gif

That sucks. You should have built it yourself and asked people here for help to make sure you were doing everything right.

I know, hindsight's always 20/20.

$650!! suicide-santa.gif

I know, hindsight's always 20/20.

that is the sprit! dont' cry over spilt milk, just sit down and watch someone else cry about it lol!! but it is good you aren't mad about it and you got over it already. but it does suck but so does life right! lol!!

If you have access to a scope you can more accurately set up the amp. If you have an above average impedance rise you may need a bit more voltage on the gain setting.

Yes, far opposite the port.

y they put a 12 x 12 45 angle in the box?

Well, the game ain't over yet. The owner did say that if I'm not happy, then they'll do what ever it takes till i am. We'll see how that works.....

I wish I did have an o-scope Jacob, but I don't, just DMM.

i know when i need a o-scope i jsut pop donw to my local college (which has an electrical lab in it ) and ask to borrow there o-scope! itt works wonders! do you have a local college where they can help you out?

Local college, absolutely, but I'm not going to go to that much trouble. I have to work during the week to be able to waste my money on crap boxes and subs. LOLangry2.gif

Local college, absolutely, but I'm not going to go to that much trouble. I have to work during the week to be able to waste my money on crap boxes and subs. LOLangry2.gif

Nah it's the builders of the box, and the "okay" subs they put in it.

And what gets me, the box builder competes, or used to. He's got the trophies and so forth to show for it, that's why I let him do it. The subs I bought hit 160 in a CRX with 4 memphis mojo 4kw's.

And what gets me, the box builder competes, or used to. He's got the trophies and so forth to show for it, that's why I let him do it. The subs I bought hit 160 in a CRX with 4 memphis mojo 4kw's.

They tried to sell me one of those too (Mojo's), but I supplied the Sundown amps for the install.

well it is good you didnt' get suckered into buying the amps also lol!! sundown ftw!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

I wish I did have an o-scope Jacob, but I don't, just DMM.

i know when i need a o-scope i jsut pop donw to my local college (which has an electrical lab in it ) and ask to borrow there o-scope! itt works wonders! do you have a local college where they can help you out?

Are you a student there or do you just go down there and ask for an o-scope?

Wondering because there is a local community college very close to where I live but I'm still in High School.