Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKenKid

Mono Amp RCA cables

Hey guys i had a fast question to ask!

I have a new h/u a kenwood KVT-817DVD single-din flip out monitor and it has a processor which it uses inconjuction with the deck. It has a sub pre-out but ONLY 1 and not 2 RCA out puts for the sub. So i was wondering if i need to use 2 sets of RCA's to plug into the amp or can i get away with 1 rca and just turn the gain up?

amps:

SAZ2000

and

SAE1200

sorry if i am unclear on what i am asking.

ALSO how do you calculate impedance rise? or do you just hook your DMM meter up to the sub after running the sub for a bit?

also i have heard of a device called a AM-500 Accumatches and i was wondering if they are any good? or worth the investment? apparenty they are able to drop the load on an amp, for example from 2ohm to 1ohm load and also 1ohm to 0.5ohm and what not!

thanks for your time!

Kenneth

I have a new h/u a kenwood KVT-817DVD single-din flip out monitor and it has a processor which it uses inconjuction with the deck. It has a sub pre-out but ONLY 1 and not 2 RCA out puts for the sub. So i was wondering if i need to use 2 sets of RCA's to plug into the amp or can i get away with 1 rca and just turn the gain up?

amps:

SAZ2000

and

SAE1200

ALSO how do you calculate impedance rise? or do you just hook your DMM meter up to the sub after running the sub for a bit?

also i have heard of a device called a AM-500 Accumatches and i was wondering if they are any good? or worth the investment? apparenty they are able to drop the load on an amp, for example from 2ohm to 1ohm load and also 1ohm to 0.5ohm and what not!

thanks for your time!

Kenneth

Sounds like a mistake waiting to happen. :(

Use two RCAs and daisy chain the amps.

To calculate impedance rise you need to measure current and voltage at various frequencies on the outputs of the amp with the speaker connected, then use ohms law to calculate it. You cannot

measure impedance with a dmm when power is applied.

As for your device, waste of money. Buy an amp that does power at the load you need it to.

To calculate impedance rise you need to measure current and voltage at various frequencies on the outputs of the amp with the speaker connected, then use ohms law to calculate it. You cannot

As for your device, waste of money. Buy an amp that does power at the load you need it to.

daisy chain? are you refering to the REM wires? if so i already have a relay which is powering 2 amps and 4fans. and thanks for explaining how to calc impedance rise you rock!!! and i don't think i will get that little device!!!

amps:

SAZ2000

and

SAE1200

thanks for your time!

Kenneth

Sounds like a mistake waiting to happen. :(

Which part? using one RCA or the little device? or both! lol! :)

daisy chain? are you refering to the REM wires? if so i already have a relay which is powering 2 amps and 4fans. and thanks for explaining how to calc impedance rise you rock!!! and i don't think i will get that little device!!!

No, I am talking about using the pass through on the amps.

I am wondering why you are using two different sub amps?

Sign in to follow this