Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Yet another box for the type r's

I have two alpine type r 12's and i want to build a crx-style box for them. This is the design i came up with using the max dimensions i can inside my vehicle.

I really can't seem to get the tuning quite right, and it says its about 30hz, but what is the ideal frequency to tune to for daily driving?

Also any helpful hints to getting this box to stay together? I blew the port off the screws in my bandpass like two weeks ago.

EDIT: And yes the subs are going to go on the top.

Screen02.jpg

Edited by Dutchie.

It is all up to the users preference and the specs on the sub. The lowest you could go is 30hz. Alpine says 33hz at 1.7ft for each sub. The problem with that calculator is that is doesnt take into account the displacement of the sub. So 3.4cuft would be internal area before port area tuned to 33 hz.

It is all up to the users preference and the specs on the sub. The lowest you could go is 30hz. Alpine says 33hz at 1.7ft for each sub. The problem with that calculator is that is doesnt take into account the displacement of the sub. So 3.4cuft would be internal area before port area tuned to 33 hz.

Ok, so i'll redesign and aim for about 4 cubed and about 33hz

Got the new plan all figured out. This is how it is gonna be.

3.7ft^3

33hz

Screen01.jpg